PDA

View Full Version : Brain fog, memory, unreality

phil06
02-06-11, 17:12
I'm still struggling with this foggy head nothing seems real that's one thing on the other memories seem false, distant, I feel like I'm a stranger in my own mind at times..I fear I'll suddenly go mad and feel maybe I'll stop understanding English, normal stuff in life, existence thoughts and so on.

I do a task and think wow this seems strange the past is like wow I really worked here, did this ect.. when I'm out I recognise the place but it still feels unfamiliar..sometimes like a video game or a compressed small world..I try and stick to places I know too.

Usually I get dull vision..for hours everything seems hazy..most days I live in this haze or fog that makes everything seem strange and off..maybe it sounds like Depersonalization but it's such a complex feeling even that..anybody understand where I'm coming from? :huh:

juju
02-06-11, 18:52
hi and yes when i suffered with anxiety bad i used to have this a lot. my fear of going crazy was making me worse, just try and accept this, i know how hard it is for you believe me ive been there, but trying to accept it and letting it go works, its an awful unreal feeling you cant put it into words isnt it, hang in there it will pass i promise
take care
xxxx

jessicalittler79
04-08-11, 03:44
i have this atm and its awfull ....i wish i knew a way to take it all away for us ..take care hun

Yorkman
04-08-11, 10:22
I get this A little too, confused or missing short term memory.
My mum text me lastnight to find out how it went at the docs. But I would have put money on it that I phoned her and told her all about it??? Other things like I can't remember if / when i posted a letter???
Weird, is this normal???

Col
05-08-11, 20:32
Hi Phil, the minute I started reading your post I started to freak out and didn't want to carry on reading it.

I'm completely with you on some of the things you said, like things being familiar but things don't feel real etc. Then because I've felt like this i panic more and end up feeling like I'm loosing the plot, going mad, it's all very scary

Hang in there your not alone and I think the more you think about it, you get more paranoid and obsessively question everything.

Try getting something like a hobby to distract you. Don't stress too much, easier said than done but I think it's all part and parcel of anxiety. I myself can't believe what anxiety can do

Take care:hugs:

Rhys1879SAFC
07-08-11, 00:53
I've had the same symptoms for a good six months now but they have gradually got less and less as time has gone by, might take a few more months before it goes awau though.