PDA

View Full Version : it really will get better im proof of this :-)

juju
02-06-11, 18:56
hi all
i know your in the deepest pits of despair at the moment and feel like its never going to end but i promise you you will get better. it took a long time for me to get to where i am now but its made me a stronger person for going through it all. you name the anxiety symptoms i had them i could write a book.
take comfort in this and know you are going to get better
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

haz
03-06-11, 01:16
That's good. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for sharing your positive post.

Haz. x

juju
03-06-11, 23:43
That's good. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for sharing your positive post.

Haz. x

:hugs:xxxxxxxx

trish1955
04-06-11, 12:13
hi all
i know your in the deepest pits of despair at the moment and feel like its never going to end but i promise you you will get better. it took a long time for me to get to where i am now but its made me a stronger person for going through it all. you name the anxiety symptoms i had them i could write a book.
take comfort in this and know you are going to get better
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhat helped you get through i ave sufferd for near on 40yrs any advice would be good thanks

juju
05-06-11, 10:31
what helped you get through i ave sufferd for near on 40yrs any advice would be good thanks
hi trish im sorry to hear you have suffered for nearly 40 years.
i read dr claire weekes books, i used distraction, i accepted the anxiety and just didnt get scared any more of the symptoms, i seperated myself from the anxiety if that makes sense? once you accept them it just goes slowly but surely. like a bully thats been found out. i still get the odd flare up from time to time but i only have to tell myself its only anxiety and its like my brains tuned into this and it disapparates ( cant spell) within a few hours now, in a nutshell its only when you can carry on with the symptoms and they really dont bother you from deep down within that you get better.
hope this helps a little
xxxxxxx:hugs:

Eva May
05-06-11, 11:08
I know I'm supposed to do all that and I know it's all just adrenaline but doesn't seem to make any difference for me :weep: glad its worked for you though

trish1955
05-06-11, 11:15
hi trish im sorry to hear you have suffered for nearly 40 years.
i read dr claire weekes books, i used distraction, i accepted the anxiety and just didnt get scared any more of the symptoms, i seperated myself from the anxiety if that makes sense? once you accept them it just goes slowly but surely. like a bully thats been found out. i still get the odd flare up from time to time but i only have to tell myself its only anxiety and its like my brains tuned into this and it disapparates ( cant spell) within a few hours now, in a nutshell its only when you can carry on with the symptoms and they really dont bother you from deep down within that you get better.
hope this helps a little
xxxxxxx:hugs:hiya thanks i to ave read alot of books including clair weeks ones i no the answers but i just finding it hard to do i wrote a post yesterday on gad but got no replies wonderd if you read it you might see what i am saying thinking about the post i wrote maybe this is why i cant do the accepting thing any way yhanks again lv trish take care

nikita
05-06-11, 11:26
Hi. I agree it does get better though when you are going through it, it is really scary. I suffered with panic attacks/anxiety for 20 years and now I just tell myself when I get them, they haven't killed me before and they are not going to kill me now. Millions of people have them. Also I found that when I feel one coming on, I come on here and give some reassurance to people who are experiencing them and before I know my own panic attack has gone. Support from others who have experienced them is so so helpful and this site has been my lifeline many a time.

juju
05-06-11, 13:30
dont get me wrong i know only too well how horrendous and scary it is, i felt like it took my life away from me at the time, i had nowhere to turn i felt no one understood, then my will took over and i fought back. trish thats what i had gad, the constant worrying and anxiety and the what ifs, il look at your post now hun, nikita i used to use this site too and it helped me no end to know others understood me :-), eva may, you can do it its humman nature that you will in the end, dont lose hope hun, if you fail the first time then keep on trying xxxx
im with you all
xxxxxxxx

Luna
05-06-11, 23:21
It's nice to hear someone who is managing their anxiety well. I'm trying to improve but it's a little bit at a time. It's good to hear from someone who is doing well and looking back at how much I've improved in the last year.

Eva May, I'm sorry you feel your anxiety isn't getting any better. CBT doesn't work for everyone. Everyone has to find out what works for them. I wish there was something that worked first time for everyone, it would make anxiety much easier to treat!

juju
07-06-11, 13:17
thanks luna
take care hun
xxxxxxx