PDA

View Full Version : BlueBoy

RoarLondon
02-06-11, 20:54
Would someone please stop spinning the room, been at this for a good 3 years and never thought to ask uncle google. So not great at telling anyone how i "feel" and have therefore done a good job at keeping this stuff to myself, finding many ways to control attacks but 6 weeks ago my partner of 11 years decided to end the relationship crushing what was left of my well rehearsed protocol for keeping this weakness (sorry thats how i feel) under wraps.

So here is how i have got to this point (my tips) right or wrong and maybe just maybe posting this will help rebuild my defenses so i can get my head out of my ass!!!!!

Sing and be happy: Whilst i shave "eye of the tiger" you know Rocky
Sing in the shower: ubaway in the jungle the quite jungle works for me
Roar: As i walk down the street (make sure your alone) three Roars works
Tunes to block out the thoughts: Foo Fighters work for me or Prodigy
On the Tube: Tap every beat on the i tunes, another distraction technique
Between Tubes: Walk fast run up/down the stairs pushing others out the way, not nice but only to those who are in the way and no one smaller than you, and not violently just clip heals.
Rehearse: Every possible situation and conflict that you could face that day and have your answers ready, and shoot them down as conflict comes, not all jobs need this but mine does.
Speaking: Be loud and make your point "be just and fear not" my motto
Suck it in: breath and laugh at your attacks they cant and wont beat you
Share your feelings: Golden rule never do this keep it in your head you can beat this its your deamon others may say drugs but dont do it stay in control you are your own captain.

And so thats my opening and for me that took allot believe me, and the motto is despite all the above i am a crushed man trying to find come ray of light in this dark world, but dont leave it and do learn from my mistakes. A Lion needs its mate and a roar alone is nothing.

diane07
02-06-11, 21:01
Hi RoarLondon

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
02-06-11, 22:17
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

RoarLondon
03-06-11, 18:58
Welcome indeed, must admit that having spilled my feelings on here last night i had a much better day today, so you may just have to put up with some more rants from me ...........Really is good to read i am not alone in most of the symptoms, think i have had them all, so thats a few questions answered.

suzy-sue
04-06-11, 00:26
Roar all you want ,as long as it helps .:D. .:welcome:I hope you find plenty of help and support here .You are certainly not alone even tho it may feel like it right now .Glad to see you here .T/c Sue x

kibbutz83
04-06-11, 12:29
Hi Roar, wow I loved your post.. I think most of us hide our symptoms and our insecurities for fear of appearing vulnerable or weak... after all, the weak "animal" is the one that gets eaten :( I think it's pretty hard to put into words how we actually feel with our "problems". People in the real world get bored of hearing about our anxiety related stuff. So we end up keeping it locked away, learning to suppress it, and having to "act normal".. it's hard work, but that's the kind of world we live in. Have you noticed that the people with the most "friends" are the ones who appear to have no problems, and are always smiling? It seems very unjust, but that's human nature.
I think most of the time, people around us just see us as "a bit strange", because they don't want to actually know what's going on inside of us... so they judge us on the exterior which may well be a little distorted... take care, keep roaring x

RoarLondon
04-06-11, 14:10
Your not wrong and thanks for the response, as i said i use many tricks to keep others away but this site is a blessing, as talking about it isnt me, which is probably why my ex decided to move on after 11 years now that hurt but my point is you should talk about it without a doubt. Or you could do a me and build up the defenses and loose what matters most, up and at them :yesyes:

kibbutz83
04-06-11, 19:21
Hi again, I was just wondering if you've thought about some kind of talking therapy? I realize you're probably not in the right frame of mind at the moment to even consider it, but it can be a real life-saver. Do you think your partner left because the charade became too frustrating for her? When we don't talk about our "stuff" those close to us will just drift away.. what else can they do? The pretence gets boring, but so does the truth. That's why I reckon talking to someone impartial could help.
Do you have a high-stress job? Ever thought of moving out of London maybe? It's gotta be one of the worst places to live if you suffer from too much stress :( I was born there, and lived there for too many years... Good luck anyway :)