PDA

View Full Version : sinus infection

Lilyblue
02-06-11, 21:56
I've always had sinus problems which doctors don't do nothing!
I hardly sleep due to coughing up mucus that drips down throat that really sticky and hard, makes me gag, sometimes it takes half hour to cough out cos so sticky it gets stuck, nose always blocked,this happens eveery day.
Can't get tube up right nostril as it always blocked.
Anyway for a week i've had sore throat, lost my voice and my nose constantly blocked,
I'm blowing my brains out here, first was yellow mucus, now it green, coming out mouth and nose, i can fill a cup full of this mucus, my throat aint sore any more, but now i can feel pressure on my face, horrible taste in mouth,
Have painful headache, i would go docs but they won't do owt,

Anyone else get sinus infections /problems all the time, over 5 years i've had it. I've had sinus infection before but not as bad as this.

Just wish doctors would take me seriously,
I've read if sinus left untreated can cause death

Vanilla Sky
02-06-11, 22:20
Get it seen to , if its yellow or green it means infection. If your doctor is not taking you seriously then you need to ask them to refer you to ear nose and throat clinic. Never heard of anyone dying from a sinus infection :)

shackell
02-06-11, 23:00
Hi there i got told by my doctor i had the same thing i naw have a bad neck ears and throat i feel like death most waken hrs of day/night started with white thick crap naw green with black etc not nice my neck feels like ive carried a car on my shoulders your not alone try steam is what thay told me to do :( not tried it myself

Best regards shackell

Sunkid
07-06-11, 08:38
Hi Schackell

I have it too - beginning of spring and beginning of autumn the worst. I have had it for months now and it worries me too. Face pressure is worst because i battle to concentrate as a result. then the headaches get to me and i worry that there is something seriously wrong with me - especially when the headaches become severe.

Mucus thing very annoying because it gets stuck in places where you can neither get it out nor in :)

Antibiotics help for a short period of time because its effect is limited as the active ingredient battles to reach the sinus cavities. I am at my wits' end with it as well, but at least it helps to know that I am not alone.

holidaygirl
07-06-11, 17:34
My sinus problems turned out to be a house dust mite allergy and silver birch, on top of the hayfever I knew I had. Use sinus wash and allergy tablets as prescribed by doc. Now have allergy bedding etc, still difficult to control, but atleast I know why. Simple allergy tests by hospital showed up the problem but agree it is difficult to control pain and is very unpleasant.
Hope this helps?