PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Bus Trip

xtremx
03-06-11, 12:29
Well had a hospital appointment 2 day left home 6:15am for the bus at 7 (fine) got on the bus journey to hospital (fine), Had appointment (ok) left hospital got on the bus (fine).

:wtf1:Half way home Bloody Hell, Hands going numb, chest pain , lump in the throat , hard to swallow , feeling dizzy , sweating , jaw hurting , arms hurting feels like a damn heart attack BUT i think i no better.:wtf1:

Had to get of the bus 9 miles from home sit down for 45mins phoned wife got me a taxi (fine got home).

Walk in the door wife looks at me i am as white as a sheet.:wtf1:

Have not had an attack like that for months WAS THIS A PANIC ATTACK i hope so:wtf1:

paula lynne
03-06-11, 16:19
It does sound like an intense panic attack yes. Its good that you are now going monthes between these horrendous panics though, try to put it out of your mind now, the less attention you pay to it, the less control it has over you. When I go out, I have lavender oil on my wrists, a bottle of water to sip, mints to suck, and my trusted paper bag to re-breathe. I call it my first aid kit....maybe its something youd consider. Hope you feel better now.:)

xJust_Sarahx
06-06-11, 18:13
Hi
I dont know how bad your attacks usually are or how often you get them but i think the reason for your attack today was because you were probablys expecting something to happen, like you were expecting to have a panic attack and the fact you made it to your appointment without one and half way back home too.. that you were over whelmed type thing and it caught up with you. Sounds like you did brill though because i have loads on bus journeys.
Its hard to explain though because say i have to do something like go to appointment or whatever and obviously it plays on my mind the night before and i get no sleep, then when i go to do it i can actually do it, but when i see my house and it feels like a longggg walkin distance i start to freak out and i think well i have managed so much so why am i feeling like this now, and i can feel my heart beating faster and starting to get breathless and panicy. I think its because i cant wait to get in the house etc.
Hope that makes sense.

times71
07-06-11, 18:28
are you sure that feeling was not due to the increasing costs of bus fares? anyway dude, the mere fact you got home and typed this proves it was only a panic attack. Oh i always carry a photo of Basil Fawlty doing the funny walk, helps me in those panic type situations.

xtremx
07-06-11, 19:44
xJust_Sarahx ,I think you have it right. I was expecting something to happen and then it did, Must try to stay positive and not let it beat us.

times71 , Basil Fawlty pmsl. bus fares no laughing matter :lac:LOL + the £16 taxi fare only 7 miles :ohmy:

paula lynne ,will try some of your advice except the lavender oil on my wrists (i dont want the bus driver to think i am not macho).

As with all things i am here now so must try to stop panic get the better of me.

fade78
07-06-11, 22:06
ive had panic attacks the last 3 times i went to the docs while in the office i think its the heat if its hotter then 70 fehrenhiet i feel like crap and start to panic

xtremx
09-06-11, 17:00
ive had panic attacks the last 3 times i went to the docs while in the office i think its the heat if its hotter then 70 fehrenhiet i feel like crap and start to panic

Hi fade78.

I think i have to agree with what you have said i find that when i am in a warm/high humidity place i start to get more panicky (thats way i bought aircon for my house to help with that).
So yes the bus was warm/and strong sun light. Hope you get to control your panics mate.

Al the best xtremx

Nicky32
09-06-11, 19:11
Thoughts most defiantly setting you off man. Think back, what was you thinking before you started to get panicky?, what's been on your mind? it can be something so small you can over look it or something plain bothering you...recognise and understand it, don't try and block it or put it to the back of your mind.

Magic
10-06-11, 10:51
xtremx,
Car't tell you how mant times this has happend to me.
I am alot better now.I rely on what i call my panic pills.
The worse thing for me is appointments
Please find me the nearest toilet.
The last time I went to GPs she took my temperature because I was so worked up.
The minute I came out of the surgery I was fine.
I do sympathise :hugs: