PDA

View Full Version : uvulitis

allergyphobia
03-06-11, 18:01
Hi everybody!

I just wanted some advice in case anybody had ever had this, apparently it's not very common and I don't want to google really...

basically the dangly bit in the middle of my mouth has swollen, and its making me gag and it's hard to swallow = an allergyphobes biggest fear, right!! (just my luck)...

the doctor told me it's because my mouth is full of ulcers, great.

he's given me some steroid tablets, prednisolone, to dissolve and gargle in water to help reduce the inflammation.

Of course I am terrified to try them, even though they may help I can't take my own advice sometimes....

I just wondered if anybody else had this or had any words of encouragement that might help me to suck it up and gargle these darrrrn tablets.

Thanks every one :hugs:

PokerFace
05-06-11, 18:43
You've come sooooooooooooooooo far Amber, this is JUST another hurdle you've got to cross. You'll be fine taking the tablets, the doctor wouldn't have given them you if he thought you might be alergic! Be brave and take them, I know you can do it, I really look up to you! :)

The tablets will relive some of the pain and make the swelling go down faster too which means you can forget about the whole thing faster! You'll be fine, hope you're feeling a bit better xxx

allergyphobia
06-06-11, 09:15
Thank you so much for replying! :hugs:

Well after I posted this I had a strong word with myself and took the tablets. I had a little wobble but was completely fine! I'm starting to feel a lot better after sleeping a lot of the weekend (the tablets are quite strong I think!)

Feel chuffed that I was on my own and managed to take them without wimping out, makes me more confident about taking meds in the future too... and I'm proud I haven't completely freaked out whilst having this stupid thing!

Again thanks so much for replying and your lovely words, they made me smile on this dreary monday morning, hope you are doing really well too

xxxx:flowers:

PokerFace
06-06-11, 09:28
Really really proud of you! You've overcome another massive fear, you're an inspiration to everyone on here :)

Glad you're feeling better now xxx

Hazel B
06-06-11, 12:16
Well done for taking the tablets! It's the residue of fear that rears its head every now and then, you've done well to challenge it.:)

allergyphobia
06-06-11, 12:18
Thank you both.

I think i'm impatient and just want that fear to go away completely. But i need to focus on the point being, that now, i take that fear by the neck and sling it out the window when I challenge it.

Hopefully it'll get less and less of a grip on me as the months go on. It sure is a rollercoaster this thing.

:hugs:

Hazel B
06-06-11, 12:25
You're so right! I've found that every time I challenge my fear and negative thoughts I get better at it. I try to ignore all the niggles now and tell myself I will be OK, even if I have to grit my teeth!

You've done so well and come so far.:)

allergyphobia
06-06-11, 12:29
So true Hazel. Gritting of the teeth if the right way to put it... it's not easy but it's getting less difficult, if that makes sense!!

Big pat on the back to you too hunny X

blueangel
06-06-11, 12:58
I agree with this as well - I call it the "Soddit" technique (as in, Soddit and Do It Anyway!) :D