PDA

View Full Version : Back again!

Juliamidlands
21-04-06, 15:37
Hey all, it's been ages since I posted, so I thought it was time to catch up, with a bit of an update

How is everyone? I am, well, up and down, to be honest.

My driving problems are still there though I have not had to face them so much due to the lighter evenings, so I'm driving back from work in daylight, and Dave tends to drive when we go out at night. My new contact lenses have made everything appear more clear and less 'out of focus'. I recently attempted to drive up my 'scary road', which still scared the hell out of me but I noticed that my vision was better, so its obviously 'just' a psychological thing now. Having said that, I did a 10-mile drive at night last month, on a route that is 'not scary' (lol) with Dave in the car with me, and I was not too bad at all. Which all goes to show that the road I had the original attack on is always going to be a bad road for me.

So, I don't know what else to say about my driving issues. I guess I will find out what I am still like when the dark nights come again later this year. But by then I will have moved house so can start afresh, which should help.

One of my main problems was/is the feeling of unreality. I thought I had got rid of it completely as I didn't have it for weeks and weeks, until a few days ago when bang it just hit me again. Recently went through a bit of a rough patch with Dave so dont know if that brought it back or not, but nothing to worry about it was just one of those things and we are fine now. But I am feeling down because I thought the DP/DR had gone for good.

Also I am very, very demoralized at work still, and I know that is making me feel yucky. The house sale is going through very slowly so I cant look for a new job until we have a moving-in date, and I hate my job so much so cannot wait to leave, move house and make a fresh start.

I was also feeling anxious for no reason, mostly in the evenings and just before I went to sleep, again this had gone, but seems to have come back again recently :-(

Sorry to moan. I'm back!

Julia xxx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

mirry
21-04-06, 18:43
Julia , this site is for us all to moan lol.

Glad your back and sharing your ups and downs with us all,
Moving house is very stressfull and you sound like your coping well , good for you trying so hard with your driving (i gave up 2 years ago) please dont give up, i know how hard it is but you can do it......we all can do it, we are just too afraid to do it!

let us know how u get on

mirry

mirryx

Keitharcher
21-04-06, 19:29
Julia

Glad you seem to be getting the driving right. Its a pity that the house is taking so long meaning you still have to go to a job you hate, i know what thats like it makes every day very long. Cant you side track yourself at work, try to make the job interesting, map a book out to expose the firm and its staff - anything to take your mind off it.

Hope things pan out soon

Keith

nomorepanic
23-04-06, 17:36
Hi Julia

Lovely to hear from you again. Sounds like you are doing well with the driving even though you don't think you are.

I used to have "scary" roads too but in time I mastered them and now that are not so daunting and don't hold that element of fear that they used to.

Good luck with the house move and new job - hope it all goes well for you.

Nicola

Piglet
23-04-06, 22:18
Hi ya hun,

Up's and down's, high's and low's = LIFE!!!!

Think sometimes we forget we had these kind of days before anxiety too didn't we? You're doing well mate:D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Juliamidlands
24-04-06, 09:22
Piglet, agree totally, in the days before panic, we would have just accepted the 'off days' as part of life, but I think it is because we are so sensitized to every little symptom/emotion, and read too much into things, that when we do feel shakey, spaced out, etc etc we think 'aaargh the panic monster is back' And we shouldnt think like that, but it's easier said than done!! :-)

Piglet
24-04-06, 12:33
So true mate, so true!!!

Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Juliamidlands
24-04-06, 14:01
Hi Nicola, just read your driving post and good to see you are still doing well :-)

I dont THINK I am making progress with the driving, in fact I dont know what I would call it, since I simply have not been driving at night. The big test will come when I have to drive at night this autumn. How silly- it's only April and I am worrying about winter!

Julia xxx