PDA

View Full Version : My intro...

Libby
03-06-11, 21:01
Hiya All,

I've found this site through googling some of my more worrying anxiety symptoms and - wow - what a comfort to realise I'm not alone with these awful and scary feelings and sensations :)

I've had anxiety for most of my life but it's the really vicious panic attacks that I am currently finding hard to cope with. I'm getting them a lot. In fact, my nerves are pretty frazzled in general. I seem to be on an adrenaline rollercoaster and I want to get off please!

I am having really bad sypmtoms in my neck and head. My neck is totally frozen up and I have sinus problems, ringing in ears, eye pain and blurred vision, weird nerve sensations like dripping cold water down my cheek, a hot left ear and difficulty swallowing/sore throat. I feel that if I could let go of the tension in my neck, everything else would free up but it's not that easy. I am also a chronic hyperventilator which doesn't help :ohmy:

Currently having physio for the neck tension. My gp says it's all stress-related. Not on any medication but have some good self-help books and am trying to eat well, get enough sleep (insomnia anyone?) and do more exercise - hoping this will have a positive knock-on effect on my nervous system.

Phew, that was a bit long! A shiney if you got to the end!

Bye for now x

diane07
03-06-11, 21:06
Hi Libby

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
03-06-11, 21:43
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:52
WOW you are doing the works dont be greedy let others have some as well LOL I take my hat of to you for getting through it without the meds I too am not a med taker but its not a detriment to those that are, I hope you feel better soon and just remember it does get better, try hanging from door frames it helps to release the tension in your kneck which eases the other crap symptoms, as for the hyper vent ing LOL paper bag helps for me.

paula lynne
03-06-11, 22:45
Welcome aboard! Youre definately not alone with all your symptoms and the way you feel, Im glad you found us. x:welcome: