PDA

View Full Version : Major e-coli panic!! Please help!!

duke246810
03-06-11, 21:03
I have just heard about the E-coli outbreak, and i am having a major panic attack..

Now im not going to be able to eat any foods, I had a potato last week which wasnt cooked properly i dont think, apprently you experience cramps and you have e-coli living inside you harmlessly but if it gets out it attacks the kidneys and bladder, i have had this pain really badly around that area, extremely worried please help!!

Bloating: The symptom of this category would enlarge the Gastrointestinal tract filling it with gas. The stomach gets tight and uncomfortable. - i have this

Fever: A very mild fever of temperature less than 101F occurs suddenly. The fever is mild but disturbing. - Think i have this

Stomach cramping: Abdominal cramps occur as a reaction to the attack from E. coli bacteria. A muscle contraction at the abdomen is abdominal cramping and is often mild and painful. - definately get this!!

Nausea: The infected person suffers from upper abdominal pain and an urging sensation to vomit is observed. It is a sensation of stomach trying to empty itself. They are usually short-lived, but when prolonged gets uneasy. - definately get this!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

About 10% of people suffering from Escherichia coli infection suffer from kidney failure that may even lead to death.
The bacterium populate the urethra, which spreads through the tract to the bladder. At the later stage the bladder also gets colonized thereby interrupting the flow of urine.
These symptoms usually take 5 to 7 days to normalize and they usually get resolved on their own.

Em.ma
03-06-11, 21:08
im so scared to haha. i feel sick and to the point were i cant get out of bed some days

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:09
If you had eaten it last week you would have been poorly and now on the mend and its not here in the UK its in germany and we dont know yet what caused it and it doesnt look like its a british grown potatoe.
Cook your foods and wash any well that you are not going to cook and you will be fine, also wash your hands after touching foods and when you have been you know where and keep your kitchen clean and jobs a good one you will be fine.

Em.ma
03-06-11, 21:12
i agree. all cases here in the uk have been people that have been to germany. you would know by now if u had e-coli. i dont see an outbreak happening here in the uk personally. proberly be like bird flu and swine flu again- all the scare then nothing

duke246810
03-06-11, 21:13
What are the symptoms of E. coli infection?

Symptoms start about 7 days after you are infected with the germ. The first sign is severe abdominal cramps that start suddenly. After a few hours, watery diarrhea starts. The diarrhea causes your body to lose fluids and electrolytes (dehydration). This makes you feel sick and tired. The watery diarrhea lasts for about a day. Then the diarrhea changes to bright red bloody stools. The infection makes sores in your intestines, so the stools become bloody. Bloody diarrhea lasts for 2 to 5 days. You might have 10 or more bowel movements a day. Some people say their stools are "all blood and no stool."

You may have a mild fever or no fever. You may also have nausea or vomiting. If you have any of these symptoms -- watery, bloody diarrhea, cramps, fever, nausea or vomiting -- try to get to your doctor right away.

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:14
Bloating: The symptom of this category would enlarge the Gastrointestinal tract filling it with gas. The stomach gets tight and uncomfortable. - i have this

Stress causes this and so does not eating

Fever: A very mild fever of temperature less than 101F occurs suddenly. The fever is mild but disturbing. - Think i have this
You cannot think you have a fever you have to take your temperature, being anxious also raises you body temp

Stomach cramping: Abdominal cramps occur as a reaction to the attack from E. coli bacteria. A muscle contraction at the abdomen is abdominal cramping and is often mild and painful. - definately get this!!
And so does everyone having a panic attack
Nausea: The infected person suffers from upper abdominal pain and an urging sensation to vomit is observed. It is a sensation of stomach trying to empty itself. They are usually short-lived, but when prolonged gets uneasy. - definately get this!!
And again so does everyone having a panic attack

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

About 10% of people suffering from Escherichia coli infection suffer from kidney failure that may even lead to death.
The bacterium populate the urethra, which spreads through the tract to the bladder. At the later stage the bladder also gets colonized thereby interrupting the flow of urine.
These symptoms usually take 5 to 7 days to normalize and they usually get resolved on their own.
[/QUOTE]

Diarea and blood in it is one of the commonest symptoms do you have that ???

Em.ma
03-06-11, 21:15
noo. never look up sytptoms of anything! wont help you x

duke246810
03-06-11, 21:17
When i breathe in it hurts in my abdomen......................................

im bloated and i have eaten........

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:27
Trust me I have seen people with ghastro enteritis which is not a patch on ecoli and they could not be sitting here telling us they had it they are wrything in agony and couldnt tell you anything, you know deep down you havent got it or you wouldnt be asking us you would be ringing an ambulance and stop Dr googling you are scaring your self and the other lady.
But ok saying you have got it when did you get back from germany.

duke246810
03-06-11, 21:33
The other girl was already scared, i did this on behalf of both of us to reassure us, we know eachother. And please don't be sarcastic im only asking for help, i have severe health anxiety and asking people on here helps me alot.

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:38
Sorry I wasnt being sarchastic I was trying to get you to see that logic says you havent got it,
As for the germany comments that is precisely why I know you havent got it it is stemming only from Germany at the momment and untill its in this country as an origin then I know we are safe, I too get HA but we need to help each other not feed others fears

BettyIW
04-06-11, 00:09
Jamangie is right. And its northern Germany where the outbreak is happening. I have read posts from people in Southern Germany who are still eating fruit and veg. If you are worried, soak your food longer, or refrain from eating it. You can check where your fruit and veg comes from when you buy it in store.
But this is not a virus, unless someone from Northern Germany who has been exposed to the e coli cooks your tea, you really have nothing to worry about.
Everyone who has it outside of Germany has been to Germany. Its concentrated in one area. Unless we hear otherwise over here, then there really is nothing to worry about.

Also there is a stomach bug going around, so any stomach probs could be result of that. X

pacer
04-06-11, 17:09
Hi, i hope you're feeling better now.
Apparently the cases of reported illness from e coli is falling which is great.
As the others have said it's not in this country so i really wouldn't worry yourself x