PDA

View Full Version : Re; Alchohol and cigerettes.

susan
21-04-06, 16:42
Hello everyone. Not up to working out right page. Hope this will do. Having a day off today- first time in 4...? months... have only drunk about 3 time in last 2 yrs. Was going to cancell this and do it tomorrow, but may help someone in some way. For my own reasons deceided to break my (now) lifestyle of clear lifesyle. After the first cigarette I reclaimed my old state of shaking, chest pain and self doubt.... for some reason I always perservere ( spelt wrong) now happily tiddily and smoking like a trooper. I may pop down local pub as now I can happily converse and think I am the life and soul of the party.(only had 3 wines) My equalibrium has ajusted to the new state. I have made so much progress of late and now am aware that Ive made a serious setback. I dont - pretty sure- I dont have a drink problem. I just know that alchohol and cigerettes seriously inflame whatever it is that causes my anxiety. Its a false calm. Saying that my hands are back shaking and my IQ has dropped conciderably! I know these are the things that feed my negativity. Off to meet my false friends and to leave myself open to negative input at pub. Will clock in at a later date. Just know Im going to pay emotionally tomorrow. Susan. (Bad, bad Buddhist!) Only excuse is that been told have to have spnal tap thing- very bad excuse, also got told I dont have MS so really could have chosen to have been positive about this!

sue

Southern_Belle
21-04-06, 16:52
Sue,

I think that you already know the answer to your situation... go back to your healthy lifestyle. Now that you know that the alcohol and cigs make your anxiety worse you know to stay away from them. As we all know alcohol is a depressant so it doesn't help much if you suffer from any depression, which I don't know if you do or not. I am so glad you don't have MS, you do have cause to celebrate but maybe not in this fashion as you yourself are saying you will probably pay for it tomorrow. Hope it is a good day for you anyway.

Bel

Southern_Belle
21-04-06, 16:53
Sue,

Sorry didn't know this was in the introduction posts, by the way welcome to the forum, you will make many nice friends here and I hope I will be one of them.

Bel

Alexandra
23-04-06, 12:13
Hi Susan

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

susan
30-04-06, 16:10
Sorry guys, felt like I was on a really bad emotional bender. - So much so that I apparently posted this on introductions! Didnt mean to inflict you with it. Dont have much emotional support here- on stage for my children- who, incidentally arent aware I have a problem. Yes, I am aware that alcohol is a depressant, also a neuro toxin, it sencitises the nerves and irritates the membrain of the brain, thats why I usually completely avoid it. It also inhibits adrenaline production, which is why it can be superficially calming- though destoying your vitamin B. In actual fact I quite enjoyed being out chatting to people I hadnt seen in ages. (who also dont know I have an anxiety problem) Yes, it inflamed my tremor the next day. Feeling very positive at mo- like the air after a storm. Incidentally, red meat is bad for you as well. Susan.

sue

susan
30-04-06, 16:14
Just read this, and it does sound unduely spikey. I do apollogise. Just been on the phone to my as ever unhelpful mother- and before you think thats not very nice either...you really dont know her. Susan.

sue

jackie
30-04-06, 22:15
susan i hope you get to know and like all of us, well really help if we can

whats that about red meat, just had meself a steak tonight and im curious now

jackie