PDA

View Full Version : Help

VickiS
03-06-11, 21:18
Hi

I've been on diazepam for anxiety for years (it doesn't work anymore but apparently I'm addicted to it now) so my GP has prescribed me citalopram and once it kicks in I'll reduce the Valium

I've been getting bad side effects from the citalopram so she also prescribed propanolol to help, has anyone else been given them for the same reason? And do they help? I really don't want to be taking any more medication :(

AlexandriaUK
03-06-11, 21:34
She has done the right thing and once the Citalopram is in your system and the side effects decrease she will take you off the Propropanal, better to have a few days of ugh to get you off the diazepam, dont get me wrong they are great short term but shouldnt be given for indefinate periods.
Hope you feel well soon which I am sure you will.

VickiS
03-06-11, 21:56
Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean about the diazepam I've been on them for 10 years so I know it will be a struggle to come off them but if they don't work anymore theres no point I taking them, I'm sticking with the citalopram which hopefully will kick in in a few more weeks and if things are bad I'll try the propranolol :)