PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself!

Aine
04-06-11, 11:25
Hi all,
Am not sure if this is the way to do things, new here and trying to find my way around. Please forgive it I get it wrong! Posted yesterday under another topic then realised I was meant to introduce myself first. I have tried reading the instructions but am still not sure how to do this posting thing. Maybe someone might give me the " for dummies" instructions sometime on how to do this please?!

I am here because out of desperation I googled how I was feeling and this site popped up. I have been feeling sick in my stomach and like a big black cloud is hangin over me for so long now. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. The trigger to this feeling is my parents illness. They have had seriously poor health now for about 10 years. Each time it get worse I think this is the time I am going to lose them. They not being willing to seek medical advice or help most of the time does not help my feeling of powerlessness. There are no other siblings to help care for them.

I sometimes worry if I can take it any more and long to just sleep through it all. I fear their dying and their death. I fear I can't cope with either. It is a help to be able to talk about it. I am hoping someone out there will be able to understand it and might have some suggestions about what might help me deal with it. I don't share my feelings with friends because I think at my age they will think it daft to feel this way. I feel alone in this. That is why any advice or support from anyone who has similar experiences would really be appreciated. Thank you for listening.

nomorepanic
04-06-11, 11:26
Hi Aine

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Nicky32
05-06-11, 10:55
Hiya welcome. Pressure them to seek help it may sound bad to do but it will benifit them in the long run. x

pacer
05-06-11, 11:53
Hello Aine! I really hope you find a way of lessening your anxiety. As you know, i'm new here too and trying to find my way around.
Seems like a good place to be xx

Gale2509
06-06-11, 15:03
Hi Aine, I hope you find the support you are looking for on this site, I am also new, joined today and finding my way around. I can sympathise totally with the way you are feeling as I too feel the same.

Feel free to get in touch

B xxx