PDA

View Full Version : tingling

april tones
30-03-04, 19:55
hi, does any one suffer from tingling sensations? i get them on my vagina, and back and recently my head. went to docs abut tingling on vagina and they dont know what it is and leave me diagnozing my self. any ideas, thanks?

apriltones

Brownie
02-04-04, 22:25
Hi April,

I really dont know what this could be besides pins and needles. But if it is severe I would try to go to a diffrent doc. Hope your feeling better hun.

-Christie[:I]

twister
03-04-04, 12:28
I get a tingling head too - I shouldnt think it is anything serious so try not to worry:)

Emily

april tones
09-05-04, 09:49
only just looked at this, thanks both. I went back to docs and he said same thing. Im worried ive got diabetes as i had big baby and docs was wondering on gestational diabetes when pregnant. i hope not! i get in finger tips now too.

apriltones

Meg
09-05-04, 09:54
Most gestational disbetes resolves after the birth and you will have been well tested for this anyway.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
09-05-04, 10:04
hi meg, i had test in urine for sugar in water which was always neg. i didnt have glucose test though. I dont have diabetes in famil but am slightly overweight which im doing something about, lost a stone this year, i will go back to docs on monday, thanks

apriltones

april tones
09-05-04, 10:06
oh, also i have had diabetes test bout 5 years ago but didnt have tingling then, its only just started in arms and legs

apriltones

Meg
09-05-04, 10:10
The sugar in urine test is good enough. Only if there is something found in that do further investigations need to be done.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
10-05-04, 21:10
oh thanks for that, didnt know. My appt is booked for tmw, il keep you posted

apriltones

Laurie28
11-05-04, 14:54
April,

i think the worst thing us anxiety sufferers can do is self diagnose!!

I also get the tingling on my head but luckily I got it before the anxiety kicked in so don't worry to much about it!!!

let us know how you get on at the doctors

Lucky

april tones
11-05-04, 20:38
hi all, went to docs today. Saw a new doc, she examined me and booked me in for full screening blood tests tmw, checking iron levels,b12, liver etc. She said there is lots of thing that can cause the tingling. I was so glad not to be fobbed off! thank god!

apriltones

Meg
11-05-04, 20:42
So glad to hear she was useful and proactive.

Let us know how you do .

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
25-05-04, 23:10
hi guys, went to docs yesterday. My blood tests were all normal. Had some other tests done, doctor thinks tingling might be caused my stitches from childbirth covering a nerve. At least i got good doctor, she was really thorough! if thats how you spell it, im normally a good speller, ha ha, love april x

apriltones

april tones
10-06-04, 16:45
hi all, just updating you all on this symptom. Doctor cant do know more and has refered me to neurologist. There is waiting list though but as long as i get seen i dont mind. Guess wahat? im not scared either, just want it sorted, x

apriltones

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:50
April

Thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes ok?

Nicola

pips
11-06-04, 01:10
Glad to see the blood tests were normal April

Hope the symptons start to ease for you and the waiting isn't to long!

Take care

Love Pip's XX

april tones
12-06-04, 20:24
hi pips, thanks, its really uncomfortable. Love april x x

apriltones