PDA

View Full Version : Escitalopram - encouragement please!

feege
21-04-06, 18:14
I took my first tablet today - 5mg.

Anybody got any GOOD stories to tell me about how wonderful I am going to wake up feeling tomorrow lol!!

I took it about 6 hours ago and haven't noticed anything much although my palms are sweatier than normal! But then my anxiety levels were so high I can't imagine I could feel very much worse... but I hope I'm not tempting fate..

Support would be great!

I'm so scared....

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

alexis
21-04-06, 22:20
Hi Fee, I would like to say Yes you will feel great tomorrow but sadly they take a while to get in your system.
I know how you feel, it took me months before I would agree to take medication, how I wish I hadent waited so long.
Keep going , you are doing well considering the amount you have on your plate,xxx

feege
21-04-06, 22:22
Hi Alexis

Thanks hun - i knew i wouldn't feel fantastic tomorrow really! I think I was taking thinking positively too far lol! But it's really good to hear about people they work well for!

Hope you are ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

alexis
21-04-06, 23:27
Well Fee, I think you are like me, we want to be cured...........yesterday:D

Karen
22-04-06, 02:17
Hi Fee

As you already realise it will take a bit of time for you to adjust to the medication, but I think you are very brave to give it a try.

I took this medication but only for about 6weeks as I was in the grips of anorexia and became panicked with irrational fears about weight gain. However, many people do find this medication very beneficial.

Karen xx

Coni
22-04-06, 06:23
Hi Fee,

I was on escitalopram for about 8 months last year and found it worked well.

It is very gradual though....I started on 10mg for about a month and then my dose was increased to 20mg....and I have to say i was about 4 weeks on 20mg before I got the full benefits (though I did notice some changes before this).

Keep with it, good luck and take care.

Coni X