PDA

View Full Version : 60mg and struggling

StressedAndDepressed
04-06-11, 16:45
Hi,

I was fine on 40mg for a few months but it all started to go wrong and was increased to 60 nearly 2 months ago. Increasing the dose from 20 to 40 hit me for a few weeks but then quickly settled. I've not done so well moving to 60.

I feel more stressed out, than when I was on 40, after 7 weeks. I've started picking up phobia baggage again, one new one being of doctors (not very helpful!).

Could this be a sign that 60mg is too much for me or could it be that its just not working? I've got to see the GP next week and having some idea of what he might think will help.

Ingenious
04-06-11, 20:24
I went from 10 to 20 to 30 to 40mg and each time I had some good response then a major relapse. At 40mg I decided I was flogging a dead horse and spoke to my GP, I then changed over to Mirtazapine and it has been brilliant for me, completely different response (it works!) and I could not be happier.

It is always such a tough call to decide whether an increase in dosage OR a change in medication is the best answer. In my case I just felt the side effects and also some other undesirable changes which were not present at the start (some anxiety and an increasing paranoia) were signs that I couldn't just keep increasing dose.