PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

05-06-11, 05:28
Hi

My name is Emma and I am a 38yo married mum of a 2 (g7 and b5).

I have suffered with anxiety most of my adult life and since discovering dr google have had some terrible episodes of health anxiety.

I am back here with health anxiety. This year has been tough with various health issues happening. I am now in the process of getting tested for a rare genetic disease - and as you can imagine, for someone with HA this is horrific! I feel like I am spiralling out of control - researching symptoms, researching diseases - diagnosing myself as well as my brothers & sisters and children. Surfice to say, I am scared out of my head.

I have been waiting weeks for the results, still at least a week and half away. I am a wreck and really need some support for my anxiety. I am starting to create new symptoms, although not sure if they were there before or what? I am confused!! I even have an old blood test that I am trying to make sense of .... as if that is going to tell me....

Anyway, that is me right now. I do find the forum and the website a tremendous help. ALhtough this time I am conviced - this is it!! this is the one!! I even imagine them telling me and then me having to tell my family....

Emmax

diane07
05-06-11, 05:30
Hi WWW

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
05-06-11, 10:51
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

happycamper
05-06-11, 12:05
Hi Emma,
Welcome to the forum.
I too am a mum to 2 young children and also in the process of having final confirmation of a genetic disorder which can occur in families who have greater numbers of certain cancers with a 50% chance of it being passed down.
I understand the amount of stress and anxiety this can cause...feel free to PM me.

paulst
05-06-11, 18:49
Hi emma welcome to the forum, glad you found us:)