PDA

View Full Version : hi there

ben16
05-06-11, 19:58
Hi im 28 years old and back in 2001 i had an horrific bout of anxiety which spiralled into depression.It came on suddenly one evening when i felt really dizzy and had a massive urge to get inside.From that moment on i had a constant feeling of 'not being there' which is very hard to explain to somebody,a feeling of being in a bubble.I found my bedroom as a safety net and for nearly 2 months hardly ever left it.I was scared to go downstairs even and became agrophobic which i found quite hard to take as im a groundsman and have worked outside since i left school.I was prescribed proprananol which didnt work and then seroxat which really did work and i took for nearly 2 years.Since then i have been fine,i have since moved towns,have a lovely gf and a gorgeous 2 yr old son. Last week however i had a panic attack in tesco and since then ive been agitated and worried sick.i really dont want my old feelings of depression to come back.I realise having a safety net is the worse thing to do so ive just been trying to carry on as normal but am really struggling and so scared.im glad i have found people to talk to who knows what im saying as many people dont take any notice because i have nothing physically wrong with me.I hate feeling like this and just want it to stop.I will be going to the doctor this week but am hoping to be prescribed something other than anti-depressants,has anyone had any luck with other medication?

nomorepanic
05-06-11, 19:59
Hi ben16

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.