PDA

View Full Version : trazodone good or bad?

kirolyable
05-06-11, 23:50
hi i have been taking trazodone for a few months and have got to a point where i am not sure whether to stay with it or ditch it. im taking 100mg at night and it is good for sleeping but next day i feel slow and hazy. it is a struggle to get going and perform well at work. i don't think it does much for my sex drive although i can still manage sex usually. i have stayed off alcohol although i would like to know if it is safe to have a few drinks and then take my traz as normal before going to bed?. im not sure if i would be better getting of the traz and replacing with another med or if there are similar sedating anti depressants out there?. also can i just ditch the traz or do i have to cut down gradually?. my motor skills are terrible and i get palpitations im assuming the traz is responsible for all these ailments. for a while the traz seemed great but now i have doubts. any help is very much appreciated.

stuart1960
13-07-11, 14:50
hi i have been taking trazodone for a few months and have got to a point where i am not sure whether to stay with it or ditch it. im taking 100mg at night and it is good for sleeping but next day i feel slow and hazy. it is a struggle to get going and perform well at work. i don't think it does much for my sex drive although i can still manage sex usually. i have stayed off alcohol although i would like to know if it is safe to have a few drinks and then take my traz as normal before going to bed?. im not sure if i would be better getting of the traz and replacing with another med or if there are similar sedating anti depressants out there?. also can i just ditch the traz or do i have to cut down gradually?. my motor skills are terrible and i get palpitations im assuming the traz is responsible for all these ailments. for a while the traz seemed great but now i have doubts. any help is very much appreciated.

hi you cant just stop taking traz you have to come of alittle at a time it should nt be that hard for you as a 1oo is not alot but you need get gp advise my hubby been on it 2weeks at 200 and says the same as you hope you get sorted