PDA

View Full Version : HELP? Can anxiety and stress cause you to have a hear attack?

looking4answers
06-06-11, 06:19
Im not a young man anymore. Im 56 years old and when I was younger I didnt worry to much about how anxiety and stress made me feel.Now im so worried.The last week I have been in a stressful situation with my wife.She has an impacted wisdom tooth and has been very stressful and it makes me stress.

The last two days I have had to sit at a doctors office three hours each day.I have a terrible fear of medical places. I seem to have held up ok but the nights of no sleep and her stress has caused me to feel really bad. Tomorrow I have to take her to the hospital and either sit wiith her while she is on a drip or they might havevto put her alsleep and lanch her jaw thus leaving me alone.

Im really worried tbat Ill freak out and not have anyone to comfort m while she is there and my imgination will run wild and scare me. Im afraidp at 56 this might be too much for my heart. Could it possibly kill me or make me have a heart attack? Please someone answer im frightened and so worried about tomorow

macc noodle
06-06-11, 09:31
God I hope it can't otherwise we are all doomed - one of my fears finally voiced by someone else!

Can i suggest that you perhaps take a walk outside or go for a cup of herbaltea whilst she is having the procedure? Get back as she is due out - ask receptionist/nurse how long it should be

Don't be ashamed to explain why - I always find you get a better hearing if you say what your problem is :)

good luck today

nomorepanic
06-06-11, 12:50
It is highly unlikely that one stressful event will give you a heart attack so please don't worry about that.

looking4answers
06-06-11, 17:33
Thanks I appreciate it.. I do get panic attacks and feel as though my heart is going to give out them after I get so very tired and then I have missed so much sleep and been so stressed its really gotten to me. Maybe it will be ok. At least im getting more exposure to being around the medical people and places so hopefully it will help me in the future.