PDA

View Full Version : CBT

5zizi5
06-06-11, 21:43
Hey there people

My name is Zoe, i keep coming back and fourth to this site. I have a anxiety and depressive disorder which has led into social anxiety. I have tried CBT which didnt work for me because it was group therapy and i have a fear of talking in front of group of people. Wanted to know if CBT helped anyone else? I have now booked myself in for some hypnotherapy because i am determined to beat this not let it beat me.

If anyone would like to talk, i would appreciate a message.

Thank you

Zoe x

nomorepanic
06-06-11, 21:44
Hi 5zizi5

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

diane07
06-06-11, 21:52
My cbt course worked for me, i was agoraphobic and couldn't get over the final hurdle, i'm now in a new job having moved away from my family, i'd say try a one to one course rather than a group one.

di xx

carly89
06-06-11, 22:25
Hi Zoe
Sorry to hear that the group course didn't work for you, it would have freaked me out as well because I'm not very good with many people around.
Feel free to pm me if you fancy a chat.
Carly x

silverhorseavenger
25-11-11, 20:45
I never got on with that CBT as i was not able to relax with all the people around me. But dont worry . I always laugth at myself when i say that. What a thing for some one like me to say:doh: . I have GAD depression and so on.... Love the profile pictue by the way... Eddie

macman
25-11-11, 23:17
Hi Zoe
I am new to this site, and forums in general, so I feel quite anxious even typing this, worrying what people will think as I expose my feelings. I have just started one to one CBT with a great counsellor for similar reasons to you. 4 weeks in now and and I can see where it could go. Would love to chat with you sometime if you like. Andy x