PDA

View Full Version : toothache not going

diddler
06-06-11, 23:01
Hi me again toothache is not going been taking my anti biotic which I find hard to do and this pain is hard to deal with and sick of panicking xx

paula lynne
06-06-11, 23:32
Try a warm hot water bottle....lie on the affected side. Not too hot though! It really helps with the pain. P x

Anxious_gal
07-06-11, 04:20
have you any pain meds? You could ask your doc for some, or use clove oil if you can handle the taste it really numbs up the area.

diddler
07-06-11, 06:53
Hiya tried hot water bottle but dint really do much. But thanku. And been on amoxicillin since sat but it's not doing anything xx

Tiktak
07-06-11, 07:49
If its an abscess heat will make it worse and increase the inflammation, try a wrapped ice-pack instead.
Also if you don't see any improvement by tonight get back to the doctor or Gp as you may need a different, stronger anti-B to run alongside the ones you are taking now.
I had a bad flare up a while ago, it did go eventually.
If you can take Ibuprofen get some Cuprofen and take that alongside paracetamol or Paramol if the pain is really bad, it is safe to do so :)
And if you haven't got an appt for the dentist make one now! :winks:

Hope this helps and you are out of pain soon, I really feel for you....

diddler
07-06-11, 12:46
Hiya tiktak yeah the ice pack works better. I've rung dentist and said if no improvement by tom to nip down. And thanku for the advice x