PDA

View Full Version : Difference between heart pain and muscle spasm Please?

looking4answers
06-06-11, 23:04
Today I went with my wife to see about hertooth.We went to a clinic.At the clinic the doctor freaked out and said her abcess was really serious and needed immidiate attention.It freaked my wife out and mysel.The doctor said we would have tp drive 100 miles away to a oral surgery center. My blood pressure soared and heart puounded and I got weak all over. I tried to stay calm but could not.Finally I settled down a little pulse still racing and the doctor mentioned a oral surgery center just down the street that might be able to help.We went there and the people and the doctor was so nice and was very relaxed and said it was fine. I was desperately trying to settle down and started having sharp pains in my right chet like strong surging pains then it woukd subside this went on for about an hour ,now at home im still getting it but took ibprofen and it seems to have subsided.My question is ....how can you tell heart attack pain from muscle spasm???? I have been having a cramp off and on in that side of the chest along the side every once in awhile so I was hoping it ws only muscle cramps but it was close to the center of the chest yet seemed to be right on the pectorial muscle. Im worried now because I dont know the specifics of heart pain.Did I have a heart attack? I didnt have dizziness or nausea or sweating or anything like that but my heart did race but has since settled down since we are home. Mi had an ekg not to long ago and the doctor said it was perfect and my heart seemed strong. Im really worried..Please help?

paula lynne
06-06-11, 23:28
Heart pain proper is not felt in the heart, it is usually in the neck and along the length of the left arm. Also, you would have had a tight band type pain around the whole chest, like a crushing sensation that definately would have gotten worse. You would have deteriorated very quickly and been hospitalised by now no doubt, you certainly wouldnt be up to posting here. Now that youve take anti-inflammatories and its eased off a bit, it really does sound like muscle tension due to your anxiety as it is around the pectoral region. Im not a doctor obviously, you should see your doctor if the pain is there tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon. P x

nomorepanic
06-06-11, 23:43
As Paula said heart attack pain is central and can be very crushing.

You pain sounds like tension to me as well

looking4answers
07-06-11, 00:06
Im very greatful for the info and support.Thank you both! :))