PDA

View Full Version : Pain in Left Flank

Lanesra
07-06-11, 13:34
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone suffers kidney pain as a result of anxiety? I've had a UTI recently and thought the pain was to do with that. It disappeared for nearly 2 weeks and then came back. I took another urine test which showed there was an infection, took another course of antibiotics that I finished nearly a week ago but the pain is still there.
I went to the nurse today who tested me again but said it all looks clear. She's going to send it off for more tests and said if it comes back clear then it is most likely something to do with my kidneys or is musculoskeletal and to make an appointment with the GP but that at my age it is unlikely to be anything to worry about.
My IBS style symptoms seem to have disappeared with the exception of the gurgling so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with that.

The pain is on my left side, just above my hip and seems to be creeping up to my kidney.
I'm taking ibuprofen as recommended by the nurse to see if that makes a difference and keep trying to reassure myself that it can't be anything terrible as it completely disappeared for nearly 2 weeks and surely if it was something serious it would either be constant or get worse.

Thanks in advance x