PDA

View Full Version : constant panic for almost a week new to forums

fade78
07-06-11, 18:33
let me start by apologising for the lack of caps and punctuation i am terrible at typing

hello my wife and i and our son live with my parents. ive had panic disorder for 12 years. it was really bad from 2004 till 2009 but i was doin really well the last year and a half. then my mom collapsed on the floor last thursday and my son found her she ok now they said it was acute respitory failure related to ambien and pneumonia and i have been a complete mess since then. ive been in a constant state of panic since. even though she is home and doing ok i just cant get rid of this constant fear. i have many of my own health problems other then panic disorder wich do not make it any better as im sure everyone knows its just the most awefull feeling in the world to be terrified constantly i called my doc today and asked to be put back on the meds i was takin before i started feeling better still waiting to hear back :weep: i hope this site helps me this is my 1st post thank you :) id like to add that i have severe sleep apnea and use a cpap machine when i sleep because i cant breath when im asleep my biggest fear for years is that i will pass out and not be able to breath so this incident has really affected me i would not want my son to be the one to find me if something were to happen to me and i cant stop thinking about this thanks again to everyone that posts its good to know im not alone

shoegal
07-06-11, 18:46
Hello. I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time at the moment. Please be reassured that you are not alone and many of us on this site are having similar experiences. I for one have been in a constant state of panic for over a week and have just started taking Citalopram. Stay strong and don't be afraid to ask for help of you feel you need it. :flowers:

joans60
07-06-11, 18:52
So sorry to here that you are not well at the moment
This is a lovely site and we are all here to help each other
I have been suffering the last few days with my anxiety
So keep in there it will get better.

Joan

suzy-sue
07-06-11, 18:59
:welcome:Fade ..Sorry to hear things arent good for you at the moment .You are obviously worried about your Mum ,anything like this is bound to make you feel Anxious .I have had many a scare with my Parents ill health .I hope you dont have to wait too long to hear from your DR with regard to the medication .Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery .Im sure you will get pleny of help here to support you through this bad period .T/c luv Sue x

fade78
07-06-11, 19:01
thank you for the support it means alot and its nice to know im not the only one that feels this way i dont know anyone else personally that has anxiety or panic disorder so when i talk to friends and family all i ever get is yea.. that sucks subject change or even worse well your just gonna have to get over it... i hate that more then anything like i woulodnt love to just get over it =( thanks again