PDA

View Full Version : Can a blood clot come and go?

looking4answers
07-06-11, 19:09
Three years ago a horse stepped on my foot and did something to it but it didnt seem to be so bad.Over the last few years at times it seems to have a swollen inside feel but that happens every so often but never does anything worse. Last year in June I went swimming and had flip flops on my feet with a thong between my first two toes and my feet got wet and the thong was hitting my inner toe.My foot swelled and turned blue and hurt really bad.I took ibprofen and kept it up most of the time for about a month or so and it finally went away.Well this morning I woke to the same feeling in the same foot and its one year later same symptoms. Could this be a blood clot that comes and goes or just an old injury swelling again like arthritis or something. Im kind of worried because it has symptoms of a blood clot. It felt really warm in the area of the injury for a little bit but this time it hasnt turned red or blue and isnt hurting real bad right now. Blood clot or??? Please help

looking4answers
07-06-11, 19:48
Hello? anybody?

Threnners
07-06-11, 19:50
A blood clot is nothing to fool around with. Go see your GP.

looking4answers
07-06-11, 22:40
Never mind....it hasnt turned blue or swollen ,there is a little pain but manegable. Im sure its ok and they only put you on blood thinners for a clot and im already on them so maybe its ok.

looking4answers
05-07-11, 00:39
Can anyone answer my original post here,its bothering me again?????

debera
05-07-11, 02:55
hi no a blood clot doesnt come and go. i think you just have and old injury that just comes and goes from time to time. hope this helps
debera

debera
05-07-11, 02:57
hi i forgot to add a blood clots is very painful and it would feel very hot .

jessicalittler79
05-07-11, 03:58
i hope u feel better hun i no i have a fear of blood clots if u ever need to talk pm me hun take care

looking4answers
05-07-11, 04:36
Hi that makes me feel alot better .Thank you both ,its very much appreciated. Its probally a bit of arthris settled into the old injury. I think arthrits can do that sometime.

amandaj
05-07-11, 14:25
hi i had 2 blood clots in december and they dont come and go, belive me you would know if had a clot the pain is unbeliveable xx

yvonne_uk_98
05-07-11, 15:47
Hi,

Blood clots can not come and go, plus sometimes the pain can be bearable, I suffer from blood clots, and i'm on warfarin and still get blood clots, the blood thinner only thins the blood, dont stop you from clotting, I would go and get it checked if I were you. better to get it checked out.

Yvonne

looking4answers
06-07-11, 00:03
Mine is not a clot then. I think its arthritis from an old injury. I read about arthritis and I had all the symptoms but none of real blood clot symptoms besides the pain is not unberable its just annoying.My foot swells on the bottom like I have padded foot. It gets red and swollen then after I out it up it goes away sometimes comes back in a day or two sometimes not for a long time. Its been doing the samething for three years so ifs its a clot im sure I would have known but thanks for the insight.