PDA

View Full Version : My Therapist Wants Me To Wish Harm To Her

xtremx
07-06-11, 20:06
My therapist want to do a experiment with me on my way of thinking IE: that my thoughts don't have a impact on the surrounding world (to help with my panic attacks and anxiety) and she has asked me to wish/well her to break her leg or have a car crash or something like that.

I did refuse at first but after discussing it further i am to wish 1,That she sprains her ankle & 2, A good thing that she wins the lotto on Saturday.

Has anyone else do this kind of thing

I wish no harm to the woman if anything good things as with all males of my age she is a very attractive young lady.

looking4answers
07-06-11, 22:44
If only the world worked that way ......ahhh can you imagine how many rich people there would be ,no sickness or death and the. world would be a lot different but its not. Not even te great spritualist or magicians or people with pshycic abilities can do anything like that....I for one say wish away....but dont get your hopes up....

Martin Burridge
12-06-11, 21:00
Yes this is what is known as a behavioural experiment. When someone tells you something is irrational or not true the anxious mind doesn't accept it. But by experiencing it for real through behavioural experiments the mind starts to accept that the thoughts have no validity.

NoPoet
22-06-11, 21:10
I'm not sure this type of thought experiment would suit me, so she probably trusts that you are strong enough to think this kind of thing without it leading to any permanent distress on your part.

I do believe that we can influence the world to some extent, as anyone who's ever played Warhammer 40,000, cursed their luck before rolling the dice and then rolled five 1s in a row will tell you. ("Nooo! How can I fail FIVE to-hit rolls? How can I roll that many ones? Call the Guinness Book of Records!")

On the other hand I certainly don't think we can do harm to other people. That's when you get into the realms of curses and black magic, and there is no scientific basis to prove curses or black magic do anything other than cause emotionally vulnerable people to suffer from anxiety and think that they're dying. My best mate tells me he hopes I die when I embarrass him in front of his girlfriend but I am still very much alive and kicking. Effectively your counsellor is telling you to "curse" her. Curses don't work except in films.