PDA

View Full Version : Is it really ectopics?

JAYQ
07-06-11, 20:17
For me it when it happens it is very very sudden and i feel like this pressure drop in my chest like my heart has completly stopped with no pain really just like ive lost breathe or somthing and im about to have a heart attack i make myself cough to get rid of it and this is when it starts to make me have a panic attack because i get very anxious im about to die or something and pass out from not being able to breath cuz i feel my heart has stopped.

It is just so very scary symptom and i hate it so much. Is this really an ectopic beat or what? I just feel like it isnt and really is me about to have a heart attack or something but like i said it comes with no pain.

Ive read the description on the forums here but i guess im still not convinced, or i feel that mine are not what is decsribed for some reason or different from others.

I want to hear from others that experience it and what its like for them. Right now im anticipatiing another and i want to stop and im trying to distract myself but its hard because its so scary to me.

JAYQ
08-06-11, 00:00
Anyone? :(

Charlydia
08-06-11, 08:41
Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel! this happens to me when I get stressed out and it really scares me. I've had an ECG, 24hr heart monitor and an ultrasound scan of my heart and it is all perfect. I'm a long distance runner and my resting heartbeat is usually around 48 if not lower.

I had a week off work last week and was totally calm all week and felt great, the minute I went back to work I started feeling stressed/panicky again and now I feel pretty rubbish.

I don't think it is anything to worry about even though it is hard for me to say as when it happens to me it firghtens the life out of me and I think i'm going to die.

I'm 22 so I doubt it :D

pacer
08-06-11, 10:00
I get those feelings too. My heart will suddenly thud and then stops very briefly then starts again. I've been having them for years. Caffeine and nicotine worsen them. They are completely harmless though, although a bit disconcerting. I also get like fluttering feelings in my heart too which sometimes happen before the thud.

JAYQ
10-06-11, 16:40
I forgot to mention too that when it happens its like i cant breathe hardly, like its stuck, which drives my anxiety/panic for a few secs which maybe is the reason i do a quick cough. Like i suddenly ran out of air.

teez
10-06-11, 16:47
your not alone i do the cough as well especially if i get the flutter and not just the one missbeat,,yes they do come out of the blue,,i can go months without a single one ,,then wack they start again,,ive tryed for 20 odd years to put them to the back of my mind but its not happening,,hubbys says you,d think after 20 years d learn to cope with them but its easier said than done isnt it,,take some comfort though i know im not the only one whose had them long term,,and if they havnt managed to kill us off yet then theres hope for us all lol