PDA

View Full Version : Going Cold Turkey

NellieS
07-06-11, 21:59
HI Newbie here
I am on day 5 of coming off citalopram after 18 months on 20mg - a brief spell on 30mg - and am now determined to keep going - despite being a bit tearful and blank today - head spins/ insomnia/ night sweats.
I have gained weight, lost libido and have felt very disenfranchised from everything while on it. I hate the drug which was supposed to help me 'cope' with a very difficult period in my life - but just left me cold to everything going on around me.
Please tell me someone has 'resurfaced' successfully after just giving it up - or just wish me luck! :lac:

pammy1944
07-06-11, 22:13
come of it very slowly or you can get a backlash ......good luck x

Lion King
21-11-11, 01:35
Hi there,

Just read your thread, Just wondering if you successfully withdrew from Citalopram?

Thanks

LK

margrtking
21-11-11, 01:42
hi yes i just come off them completely cause i was sick of the weight gain. Maybe should of withdrew slowly but i was that hacked off with them. The only thing is i cant sleep but other than that i aint got no more worse or better. im not on nothing now sometimes i may take propanadol when i cant cope.

pinkdove
21-11-11, 14:41
coming of cit, very slowly, about 5mg per 4 week reduction was on 60mg for a short time, and now on 25mg, with little or no side effects x

Lion King
21-11-11, 20:06
Well done for cutting Cit out, I'm in same frame of mind.

If I make the effort now while I'm in a good place and in control I'm sure I will be fine!

Keep weel

LK