PDA

View Full Version : New to the site & seeking help!

starfish01
08-06-11, 00:30
Hi there,

To cut a long story short, I have suffered from anxiety & depression on and off for the last 15 years. It has interfered with my life considerably, especially on the work and career front. Currently, I am having major problems with anxiety and panic attacks due to a recent bereavement. I have been on Citalopram for the last 9 years and have just recently moved onto a different medication (Clomipramine) under the advice of my Doctor. I am having some strange symptoms lately and I just wanted to see if anyone can advise me if these are withdrawal symptoms...

1. Feeling extremely hot, especially on the face
2. Banging headache
3. Feeling 'spaced out'
4. Legs feeling like lead - I was out walking around today and I had to
stop in the middle of the street as I felt like I would collapse if I walked another inch.
5. Sharp pains in stomach
6. Pins & needles in hands, feet, arms,and legs

If anyone can advise I would really appreciate it! The symptoms are making me feel overly anxious that something's seriously wrong with me!

Many thanks

diane07
08-06-11, 00:32
Hi starfish01

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
08-06-11, 09:44
Welcome Starfish, if your still feeling like this after so many weeks, go back to your GP, maybe your dose needs adjusting. Nice to have you with us!:welcome:

JT69
08-06-11, 17:42
Hi Starfish,

Welcome to NMP!! The symptoms you describe sound like a mixture of the anxiety along with some withdrawal.

There is nothing seriously wrong with you. If you are really worried make an appointment and go and chat to your GP if only for reassurance.

Did you wean off citalopram or just change over....in my experiences with citalopram the slower you come off the better as it can cause withdrawal effects in some people.

Hope you feel better soon but rest assured there is nothing serious here.

TC
Jo.xx