PDA

View Full Version : Hillwalking

Coni
22-04-06, 06:52
Hi everyone,

I've been a real grump lately so I thought I would post something posistive for a change.

Today we are going to try hillwalking! Each time i go to my GP he recommends it for stress so I have decided i'm going to try it. I bought walking boots about 2 years ago after a similar burst of enthusiasm and have only used them to watch my sons footie (muddy pitches lol)!

So today my hubby and 3 children are going to go and try a (very, very small....I hope!) local hill.

Mind you...havent told the kids yet (lol).

Ive been up for a little while and it looks like its going to be a really nice day here, so fingers crossed.

wish me luck.

Coni x

dream
22-04-06, 07:11
Hi coni
sounds like fun,
hope you have a great time let us know how it goes,
take care denisexxx

denise

Sus
22-04-06, 10:47
Have fun Coni, its well worth it once you get to the top. Have fun!! Sus, x

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

feege
23-04-06, 09:55
Hi Coni

Good idea! I hope it went well - it was such a beautiful day here yesterday... let us know how you got on?

I'm sure it's good for you!

xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Coni
23-04-06, 12:03
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the messages.

I'm really disappointed as the planned hillwalk didnt happen.

My oldest son was playing in a badminton tournament (which he won) and that meant he didnt stop playing till 4pm and then was exhausted. My daughter was at a sleepover on Friday night and apparently didnt go to sleep till 1am and then they were wakened at 6am (10 year olds !!!!), so she was exhausted and my middle son just didnt want to go. Then the rain came on! A complete non event.

I was a bit miffed if I'm honest cos we dont often do things that I want to do (I'm usually the taxi for everyone else). But I'm determined I will give this a go. some girls at work go hillwalking regularly so maybe I'll be able to join them, (though Id rather do it with my family).

Anyway I'll let you all know how it goes if I ever actually do it.

Coni X