PDA

View Full Version : I can't do this anymore !!!!

LittleMissPanicky
08-06-11, 15:29
HI there, i usually post in the HA forum, but i think my problem is now the anxiety. I have had health worries for which i have had tests which have all been clear, but despite this i feel like i'm in a nasty spiral of anxiety and don't know what to do or who to ask for help. I constantly analyse my symptoms and panic if something isn't quite right and end up at my doctors in floods of tears. I think they are at the end of their tether with me now. They have referred me to a psych but that may take a while, I have been having cbt but it isn't helping. Med wise i am on sertraline and seroquel, the sertraline i have been on for years !! I am tring to hold things together for the sake of my family, but inside i feel like i'm losing it, especially in the mornings. If anyone out there has some advice i would be very grateful xxx

KayleighJane
08-06-11, 15:43
hiya I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it at the moment, i understand what you mean about ending up at the doctors, I have been to the doctors more in the last 6 months than I have in the 24 years of my life lol and sometimes feel like nobody knows what to do with me anymore. maybe your dr could change your medicine if you've been on one lot for years maybe its time to change to something that will work for you?

I think your not alone in feeling bad in the mornings, I think most of us on here are, for me quite alot I seem to wake up with a knot in my tummy and need to rush to the toilet. its a bad way to start the day though and I know a lot of people on here distract themselves when they get up, rather than laying in bed analysing it just get straight up, and then make yourself a cup of tea etc etc but I know its all easier said than done and I am still struggling.

unfortunately referrals from doctors do take a while, I had to wait months for my CBT referral.

Don't know if this will help in anyway but i hope it does a bit. There are loads of people on here feeling like you and they can also give you some better advice.

Kayleigh x

weevil
08-06-11, 19:51
Mornings have always been my worst time too, well not necessarily mornings themselves but when I wake up. Maybe it's because you wake and then remember who you are and what's going on, that's often a worrying realisation.

Maybe your CBT counsellor could change techniques? Do they know it's not helping. Doctors are there to help no matter how long it takes, I know it's still hard not to feel like you're getting on their nerves. I felt uncooperative for being afraid of anti-depressants again. You could also try different medication as suggested, totally understand if this is a worry though.

Can you talk with your family about it? I've found it helps to have people around that you're comfortable with.