PDA

View Full Version : Pin prick sensation

Meg37
08-06-11, 18:34
Please help me if you have felt this, I have been doing a lot of exercise the last 8 weeks to try and help my anxiety and the last week or so I have been experiencing the feeling of a pin prick or like rain falling on me sometimes. It feels wet/cold and lasts a second but comes quite often. Does anyone else have anything like this? I thought it might have been from over exercising? I'm so worried I have a neurological disorder and I am panicking and googling everything I can think of. Please help if you can.

jaythomas
09-06-11, 17:56
Hey there, yeah i think i know what you mean. I think it feels a bit like a tingling sensation that kind of is a skin burning without being hot and it is very scary i know. This feeling was very intense when I had a panic attack the other day and im quite sure is because of too much oxygen, which would make sense because you breathe madly when having a panic attack and dont let the carbon dioxide convert the oxygen and also anxiety sufferers apparently have shallow breathing all the time(ish) and so probably have too much oxygen. Try doing 7/11 breathing if your not already and if it carries on worrying you maybe just mention it to a doctor (or next time you see one if your a frequent visitor like myself).