PDA

View Full Version : Nausea

RafflesGeorgiou
08-06-11, 20:09
Ok I totally give up! I've had enough :weep: for the past 3 years now I have not gone a day where I don't feel sick at all. The doctors has put the nausea down to anxiety and given me Cinnarizine 15MG, but it's starting to concern me a bit more now. I have the biggest fear of vomiting ever and it's almost made me agoraphobic.

I like to put it this way - If "Bob" feels sick, "Bob" may say to his wife "Oh, I'm not feeling too well today, I think I'm going to stay home until I feel better" ... Well I feel sick EVERY DAY and that's why I NEVER want to go out.

I have had blood tests done in October 2010 and everything came back fine. I get my period every 4 months (also put that down to stress/anxiety). I just feel really fed up with it. I haven't vomited in 6 years *touch wood* but I can't go on like this any longer. I just wish I could walk out of the house, go to school complete my exams without worrying "what if I be sick, what if I can't escape, what if everyone stares?"

I've had 6 months of CBT and that did help a lot, I'm fine at home now, I would feel sick every 2 weeks or so at home, but nothing has helped in public.

I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rant over. Why the hell is this sickness happening to me :weep:

Raf.

Alison0801
08-06-11, 21:15
I am sorry to hear you feel like that & it must be terrible. I do suffer with a fear of vomiting as well. So I sometimes find it difficult to do things outside of my home in case I am sick. I do go to work full time & do the odd thing at the weekends but I can't go out to eat or go on holiday at the moment because of it. It can be very suffocating living a life the way I do.

I too have had CBT & found it did help but I still suffer & it can be very hard. I just want to live a normal life & do the things I used to do before I suffered with my phobia. I have always had the phobia even when I was younger but now it rules my life & it never did before.

Anyway happy to talk anytime & I really hope you feel better soon & the nausea goes away. Try not to worry too much & get to anxious as it does make everything worse. I always feel worse about everything when I am anxious.

Keep smiling :)

RafflesGeorgiou
08-06-11, 21:38
Thank you for your reply :) I would never wish this on anybody but it makes me feel at ease knowing somebody understands the way I feel. It's just a shame because right now I'm leaving school, completing my exams and moving on to college, it's supposed to be the best time and I'm wasting it away worrying about feeling sick! I really feel useless, there's nothing I can do to stop it! :(

Thanks again for the reply.
Raf. x

Alison0801
08-06-11, 22:13
Your right you should be having the time of your life and I feel exactly the same. We both should be out doing more rather than sat in worrying about being sick. I really do hope you feel better soon. Big hugs :hugs:

Threnners
09-06-11, 20:07
You need to do your exposure therapy for CBT. Get out there and experience things. Remember it's just anxiety you feel and it cannot hurt you. You don't need to jump in it with both feet, just a little at a time and then you will gradually see that the anxiety will begin to lessen. It took me a while to catch on to this concept (because what if it caused me to have more panic? Well, so what? If I have a panic attack I have a panic attack) but I see now that it does work. Give it a shot.

HazG
09-06-11, 20:17
I know how you feel almost every day last year i felt sick due to my anxiety it was horrible hence the weight loss ! i couldn't eat i lived on ginger nuts and cups of tea ! it is horrible

Big hugs hope you feel better soon.x

honeyp1e
10-06-11, 12:31
Ok I totally give up! I've had enough :weep: for the past 3 years now I have not gone a day where I don't feel sick at all. The doctors has put the nausea down to anxiety and given me Cinnarizine 15MG, but it's starting to concern me a bit more now. I have the biggest fear of vomiting ever and it's almost made me agoraphobic.

I like to put it this way - If "Bob" feels sick, "Bob" may say to his wife "Oh, I'm not feeling too well today, I think I'm going to stay home until I feel better" ... Well I feel sick EVERY DAY and that's why I NEVER want to go out.

I have had blood tests done in October 2010 and everything came back fine. I get my period every 4 months (also put that down to stress/anxiety). I just feel really fed up with it. I haven't vomited in 6 years *touch wood* but I can't go on like this any longer. I just wish I could walk out of the house, go to school complete my exams without worrying "what if I be sick, what if I can't escape, what if everyone stares?"

I've had 6 months of CBT and that did help a lot, I'm fine at home now, I would feel sick every 2 weeks or so at home, but nothing has helped in public.

I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rant over. Why the hell is this sickness happening to me :weep:

Raf.

am also emetophobic :weep: and the past few months it has took over my life which it never used to!! also lately i have been suffering with bad nausea/ light headed & headaches which just wont f**k off !! (sorry for the swearing) this has really got a hold on my life as i used to be so out-going always out with friends at weekends pubs etc... now i hardly go out the door just the school and bk for my kids and to do some shopping and this is only on good days i just HATE it so much even now sitting here typing this my head is banging and the nausea is HORRIBLE :weep: