PDA

View Full Version : Pets:)

Eternity
08-06-11, 22:34
Hi
I've been having a few very rough days about a meeting with my previous employer tomorrow and the friends on here have been so supportive and kind, couldn't do it without you x
I know for me, one of the best things in my life (except for my gorgeous children) is my lovely boxer dog Samson. So I was wondering if anyone else would like to join in and tell us about your pets. Just thinking that it might take our minds off all the other horrible stuff we're worrying about.
Hope it's ok to start a thread about it.
Love
Tina xxx

snowgoose
08-06-11, 22:48
ha ha !!
didnt take me long to jump in :)

always had collie dogs until my last one died last year ......I adored her truly and she sat by my side through awful awful times as we all have endured here .
she was bright and my saviour .....hope to meet her again . if no dogs in heaven then dont want to go [as if I had choice huh?] :blush:

I now look after my sons dog ....beagle /basset cross .2 years old .........absolutely lovely .......but oh heck .....a bit dense in brain department .
but pets are so therapeutic arent they ?
and practice mindfulness every day . find joy where they can and comfort .

nice thread Eternity xx

nomorepanic
08-06-11, 22:55
Hi

I will move this to the pets forum for you

Eternity
08-06-11, 23:00
Hey
I had some great inspiration for it Snowgoose ;)
My boxer Samson is 16 months old and a big baby!! Can't imagine not having him. The many times I've sat there blubbering and muttering to him about how crap I feel and he just snuggles up to me and decides slobbering all over me will make it all better lol. My mum and dad have his brother Tyson and when they're together, it's definitely trouble!!

Eternity
08-06-11, 23:00
Hi
Sorry Nic, didn't know there was one x

Deepest Blue
08-06-11, 23:34
Hi Eternity,

Nice thread :)

I have two black cats, their names are Muffin and Tez. Tez is a British Blue, really gorgeous and huge I might add! Muffin is really cute too but she's so small bless her !

They have some really crazy characteristics that always makes me laugh, and they are so affectionate too just like me :)

I love animals and I'd never be without them.

Take care x

nomorepanic
08-06-11, 23:48
Hi
Sorry Nic, didn't know there was one x
No worries - I just thought you may want to read the other threads in here too :yesyes:

Ellie-Bear
09-06-11, 12:36
I'd be totally lost without my dogs! I talk to them frequently, especially when I'm having a bad day, and they always listen :-) They are always extra cuddly when I'm not feeling myself, I'm sure they must be able to sense it!
2 German Shepherds, Turbo a 4 year old daddy's boy who is the biggest baby you've ever met and Zanti an 18 month old lunatic bitch! She's definately the boss and beats Turbo up!
Also got 2 x fish tanks, one with tropical fish and one with malawi cichlids and catfish, I find the fish very relaxing.
And 7 chickens - Beaky, Chick, Eggs, Turkey, Jesse, Jay and Chicken Licken (All named by the children :-)
I'd have even more animals if my hubby would let me as I get huge amounts of pleasure from looking after them and watching them!!

bexy1970
09-06-11, 12:47
hiya,my dogs(one a great dane pup!!)drive me potty!!!!!!!BUT I LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!part from the pups toileyt habits!!!lol.. also got a cat(soxy) two rats called scratt and alfie!!!! xx

snowgoose
09-06-11, 13:19
our animal companions help so much dont they?
we cannot turn our face to the wall and stay in bed when they need feeding and human contact no matter how much distress we are under .

and that comfort they give you in the middle of the night ........or jumping on your knee for a cuddle ....the smile they raise with their antics:)

A No More Panic Meet Up for our pets eh? dogs ,cats ,rats ,chickens ,fish tanks .........ha ha !!! they could all get together and talk about us .......after the bedlam of dogs chasing cats and chickens ....cats chasing rats and scooping fish .........:shrug:

think Eternity you should get a lady friend for Samson and call her Delilah .
I will bid for first pup :yesyes:

bexy1970
09-06-11, 14:13
sounds like my house!!lol x
:D

snowgoose
10-06-11, 17:22
any news on a lady friend for Samson yet ???

got dog bed and puppy toys :)..............just waiting now over the Irish Sea .

:D:D

Eternity
10-06-11, 17:39
Lol not a bad idea Snow, I'm sure Samson wouldn't complain either!!!
He's chasing my son around the house at the minute. Mathew is 14 and Samson just jumps all over him, I reckon he thinks he's just a giant puppy lol

BCMum
11-06-11, 09:02

BCMum
11-06-11, 09:02
I absolutely adore my three dogs (all Border Collies) , I just cant imagine a life without them , they give sooooo much and ask for nothing in return , which of course means they get pampered a lot , lol

Teddy (black and white boy) is 4 , Toffee (red and white boy) is 3 and Gypsy (mismarked black and white girl) is 2 and a half

This is their blog if you'd like to see some piccies of them http://madbordercollies.blogspot.com/

Eternity
11-06-11, 12:45
Hi BCMum
Just had a look at the blog and they are absolutely gorgeous. So content and happy looking, it's obvious how much you love them. What would we do without these furry friends lol. I'd love to put a pic of Samson on but I'm not sure how to.

snowgoose
11-06-11, 13:51
BC mum :)
loved the blog so much ...........brought a tear to my eye but in nice way .
had to smile to myself though .......all those paws and tums to wash after a rainy day out ........:ohmy:

take care :hugs:

BCMum
11-06-11, 22:36
thanks guys :) , im glad you enjoyed their blog

No matter how muddy or wet they get just a quick rubdown with a towel sorts them out
They keep themselves very clean , the only time they get a bath is when they roll in something icky , ewww

Eternity
12-06-11, 22:33
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/26805_112482298763791_100000060652509_252490_72030 34_n.jpg

Eternity
12-06-11, 22:35
Hi
This is my baby (well not a baby anymore) playing on the laptop lol.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188535_208410629170957_100000060652509_814472_4663 83_n.jpg

BCMum
13-06-11, 00:05
awwww how cute
I bet you can never say no , not with those eyes looking at you and pleading , lol

Eternity
13-06-11, 00:08
Lol you're right, and he's got it down to a fine art

snowgoose
13-06-11, 14:14
Eternity he is divine :)

I particularly love his pink feet and tummy [hope this doesnt get sent to wrong forum :ohmy:]

a lovely dog .........and computer literate to boot . no wonder you love him xx

cant do pics .......so you have to imagine Harry here goes:
the body and eyes of a basset
the ears of a beagle
the legs no kidding of a greyhound .........we have no idea where they came from in his ancestry ......but he was cheap from breeder because of them poor lad .
a fabulous sniffer nose .but poor eyesight ...he tracks rabbits but cant see them inches from his face thumbing their noses at him .
no brain .
a heart of gold

xxx

Eternity
13-06-11, 16:00
Ah Snow, he sounds like a dote, I love beagles and bassets so I bet he's adorable!! My mum has Samson's brother Tyson, he's a white boxer, full of mischief too but a face like butter wouldn't melt lol