PDA

View Full Version : Hope....

A Little More Light
09-06-11, 00:29
Hi,

I have just found this website after searching for information about Citalopram. I decided to sign up to the site as it seems that it may be of help and support.

I have suffered with depression on and off for many years since I was a teen. I had a big breakdown in my mid 20s and kept on an even keel since then until about 4 years ago when events in my life brought me back down again. Though not as horrific as my previous episode, I am weary of feeling the way I do and wish that my depression and hopelessness would just vanish so I can feel normal again.

I went for counselling 3 years ago but had to stop due to lack of funds, but was wary of taking medication. I have now relented after a visit to the doctors and I'm being referred to counselling - when that will be is anyones guess, it may be that I will have to fund it myself but I'll see what happens.

Not everyone understands depression, especially those who haven't been affected by it, but sometimes even those that have. Hopefully, get the chance to chat to people on here to share experiences, it's nice to know that I'm not alone.

The advice that I get is to be more active and eat better, but I know that that is the right thing to do, and before 4 years ago I was very active for many years - but the reason that I'm not very active and don't eat well now is because I'm depressed and don't get the motivation or drive to do anything. Hopefully the medication will help me to get to a level where I can begin to get my life back on track and do the activities that will push me further out of my low low mood and stop me from crying all the time!

Well I've gone on enough now and probably bored any readers off, but I hope not.

T x

diane07
09-06-11, 00:30
Hi A Little More Light

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rous
09-06-11, 02:23
Welcome T. :welcome:

Ye didnae bore me off (excuse the slight different way I talk/type, Scottish :blush:).

There's plenty of folk on here who are in the same boat as yersel, I for one suffer very bad social anx & severe depression amongst other anx's and physical problems.

I've had social anx for most of my life, in fact ever since I can remember as a kid, I was always scared of people, even my own family (usually with good reason wae them). And my slowly ever increasing physical problem has made me depressed beyond the point of giving up on several occasions, but I plod on.

So yer not alone & I hope ye'll find the folk on here helpful & inspiring, I can honestly swear that if it wasn't for this site appearing on a google search one night a some years ago, I wudnae be here today. :blush:

Glad you found us, welcome to our family. :bighug1:

A Little More Light
09-06-11, 03:49
Thanks B.S.

Thats a very encouraging response. Sorry to hear that you experience what you do and I hope that this site helps you.

T x