PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

HazG
09-06-11, 09:46
last year when my mom passed away i was so poorly stress,anxiety,i couldn't eat felt sick al the time i wondered what was happening to me ! i was sort of normal before all this :)
I went to see my GP who ordered fb count asked me loads of questions etc they came back normal he said it was stress and anxiety,the weight just fell off me i was a size 14 i am now a 10 which is lovely but a worry i can't get any back on and the amount of people that say oh wow you have lost so much weight is beging to start me off again with my anxiety.

I do feel a lot better now but its take a year for me to start living a life again i still get the odd days when i feel OMG whats this !

has anyone else lost a lot of weight due to stress anxiety ?

emmawalton
09-06-11, 11:12
i have gone from a 14 to a size 8/10 and i too also get fed up of people saying wow haven't you lost weight, going my doctors again tonight to see if can have blood tests again.

Ellie-Bear
09-06-11, 11:13
Hi HazG,
I too have lost quite a lot of weight since the chronic anxiety started three months ago. Like you I was a good size 12/14 and now a size 8/10. I just didn't eat a thing for a good couple of weeks as felt so ill. I get loads of comments that I look great now but it worries me when I get these comments and makes me feel nervous, have no idea why, oh the joys of anxiety!?!?
Take care of yourself. Xxx

jill
09-06-11, 12:37
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I am soo sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: my heart goes out to you:hugs:

I myself went through a very stressful time (will not go into that) but lost a lot of weight,:ohmy: ohhh goodness me, tooooo thin, BUT, I did at that time, have a lot on my plate, I new I was loosing weight, but told myself that as time goes by, I would start to sort things out. Over time, my weight did come back.

Hunny, the fact that you went through a REALLY bad time in your life, this can take time to heal, please hun, DON'T think about the amount of time things take,
We are all different, time is a healer, but we all need a different amount of time to heal and bring our minds and body make on track.

YOU WILL do this hun :hugs: your worry alone can keep the weight off, be honest with yourself, just how much are you eating? are you putting enough in to put weight on. Do you really want to put it back on? If you have anxiety, Mrs anxiety can play with you, what is your ideal weight? what weight would make you feel happy about your weight?

I have always been slim, weighing in at just over 8 stone, so when I lost wieght, I went down to Mmmm 6 and half :ohmy: I am back to MY normal weight, but after the worrying time, it did take awhile.

YOU WILL in time, sort things out hun :hugs:

Just wanted you to know, your not alone, as you can see, other have replied too. stress/anxiety can have an effect on your weight, BUT, if your concerns really start to play with you, talk to your gp.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

HazG
09-06-11, 13:06
Thanks everyone i should be use to it really we lost a child 20 years ago and i went to 6 st and yes i did put it all back on !

I am glad i am not alone my GP isn't worried my son got married on sat and i must admit i did look good in my fitted dreess size 10 :D but i knew what people were thinking esp as my mom passed with cancer,my daughter says take no notice and my hubby says oh no more new clothes:D yes i haven't a thing that fits me.

I do eat a fair bit not as much as i use to cut out crisps and sweets which i use to eat a lot of :blush: well i will just continue as i am it is nice been a 10.

nanny
09-06-11, 15:37
Hi Me too
I have lost loads of weight, I am only 7 stone 9 and a size 8, I worry myself sick about it as i have no strength, and people have commented on me looking anorexic, dr said i can go down to 7, 6 before i have to worry .......... alright for her saying that!
She says it's not what you weigh you have to worry about but your BMI, doesn't comfort me saying that. I hate the way i look. I can't put a pound on no matter what i do, so your not alone.
I know it doesn't help you saying that but just wanted you to know i am thinking about you and know just what it's like.:blush:

HazG
09-06-11, 20:14
Hi Me too
I have lost loads of weight, I am only 7 stone 9 and a size 8, I worry myself sick about it as i have no strength, and people have commented on me looking anorexic, dr said i can go down to 7, 6 before i have to worry .......... alright for her saying that!
She says it's not what you weigh you have to worry about but your BMI, doesn't comfort me saying that. I hate the way i look. I can't put a pound on no matter what i do, so your not alone.
I know it doesn't help you saying that but just wanted you to know i am thinking about you and know just what it's like.:blush:
Aww thanks nanny :hugs:

Zee
09-06-11, 21:15
I also lost loads of weight over an 18 month period . I had though gained 3 stones thanks to meno!,, I was very depressed, anxious after several close family losses and ate less and less.. My FBC came back as excellent.My GP said the eating would come back as my mind eased.It only came back a little though..and the anx/depression continued .. My Basal Metabolic Rate is 1270 and on a good day I manage 1200-1300 cals.. The BMR is the base line calories required just for sleeping!.. To maintain my current weight I need 1600 cals and to gain 1900 cals daily.
I am a healthy weight now, look well, no fatigue, but I desperately want to get 7-10lb back on.
I have spoken to people who have been through this and sorted it. They all tell me that it can take quite some time before weight returns.

HazG
10-06-11, 09:37
Thats good to know zee ! i just want to put a little back on i have always wanted to be slim but not like this and when say to me oh i need to lose weight i just say a good does of stress will do it :)

Zee
14-06-11, 21:18
Ive just run out of ideas what foods to eat !! I cant seem to tolerate the pastries, biscuits, carbs that I used to eat..
I had a Nutritionist friend look at my diet and she said it was a healthy one but just not enough of it.:)

HazG
16-06-11, 07:11
Ive just run out of ideas what foods to eat !! I cant seem to tolerate the pastries, biscuits, carbs that I used to eat..
I had a Nutritionist friend look at my diet and she said it was a healthy one but just not enough of it.:)

I'm the same use o eat loads of choc,cake etc but not so much any more have to be in te mood for it now :)