PDA

View Full Version : Its Taking Over My Life Again

billywhizz
09-06-11, 10:01
Its been a while since i've posted on here but things have gotten so bad recently that i feel the need to seek some reassurrance.

Recently i have had an incredible amount of stress, my wife kicked me out 2 weeks ago, and although we are now backtogether we have had to move house and are currently living with my father. Everything has changed in my life, from my home, to my work. it has really knocked me for 6.

The reason im posting is to clear a few symtoms and feelings ive been getting this last few days.

When it all first kicked off, i felt my anxiety calm down a bit, maybe it was because i had so much going on in my head.

But since we have spent a week together at my fathers and all seems to have calmed down a bit, my body is reeling in the aftermath.

My appetite has been very strange, one minute eating normally and the next i just dont feel i can face food. Ive been sleeping ok, but feeling really tired almost all the time.

My main worries at the moment are, my head feels really pressured, like i have pressure all across the top of my head, my eyes, the bridge of my nose and my nexk and shoulders. im assuming that this is just stress related, and a delayed reaction to the onslaught.

But over the last 3 days i have had a really strange taste in my mouth too, its difficult to explain but its not been pleasant, almost like a milky taste in my mouth at times during the day. Now i did google it, and maybe i shouldnt have because now i could have alsorts :). My tummy has also been playing havoc, especially this morning, but i have noticed that the taste is not there this morning, so maybe im thinking it could be a digestive problem maybe caused by ibs, which i do suffer with occasionally.

the most worrying symptom is the way my head feels, its like i have a lead balloon blowing up in my head, its heavy and its pressured.

At the same time as all this i am still getting my usual anxiety symptoms like the wobbly legs.

I have had my bp and pulse rate taken and they are both spot on, bp is 123 over 78 and pulse rate is 76. I am also on Propranolol 80mg slow release and have been on them for years now.

Any advice or reassurrance would be most grateful.

Thank you.

blueangel
09-06-11, 13:13
Hi Billy

The best suggestion I can make is that you go and have a chat with your GP. It sounds as though you've had loads of stress and often anxiety doesn't appear right at the time, but will come and bite you on the bum a little while afterwards.

The symptoms you're describing sound very much like anxiety, but your doctor might be able to offer you a bit of help to deal with it, which could vary from temporarily increasing your beta-blockers to some talk therapy.

Let us know how you get on.