PDA

View Full Version : Missed Beats Or Ectopics beat????

mattynipper
22-04-06, 12:33
Whats the difference between an ectopic beat and a missed beat! Do they feel any different?. I have what can only be described as a panic spasm from under the breastbone shooting to the throat. I dont always feel a thump in the chest. Does anybody know what it is! It only happens when I am sitting watching tv. Any advise on how to get rid of them!

mn

ashley
23-04-06, 18:43
Dear matty ..
Go to the home page on this site and look up health worries and under palpations there is a simple explantion on what you are suffering from.. that is an eptopic beat(of which is a missed hearbeat).
Try not to be alarmed into thinking that there is anything wrong with you ..in most cases , its anxiety ..but always best to get doctors advice firstly love.
I have had these for a while now, and it seems that we are not alone sssssh watch out the eptopic gang will be along shortly ..bless and they will to give sound advice, i know its scary i hate them.. but trust me they are harmless.

with love ashley

mattynipper
24-04-06, 12:00
Thanks Ashley
Did get it checked out! have about 5 blood tests and had ECG which I guess was OK as didnt hear anything!

mn