PDA

View Full Version : First time at docs for years. Scared :(

choccychompa
09-06-11, 15:37
Hi all.
I am the type of person with HA that avoids doctors and medication at all costs. I suppose I've been burying my head in the sand for a long time thinking I will cope and that all the symptoms are in my head, but I was telling some friends today about my latest syptom, which is adrenaline surges all night so that I can't sleep and they urged me to go and get it checked out. One friend has a sister who is an endocrine surgeon and was telling me about something horrible it could be :weep:

So anyway, I bit the bullet and rang the docs. I'm really nervous as on the phone they were talking about another 24hr monitor (I had one five years ago.) I am terrified there's something wrong with my heart and have been for six years. I can't go on living like this. I'm wondering whether to ask for a stress test to put my mind at rest. I know I'll be nervous and tongue-tied when I have to explain all this. I just hope he's a sympathetic doctor.

I don't know why I'm writing this really. Just that this forum has helped me so much over the past few months and I'm just terrified of what they might find :weep: Thanks for 'listening' guys. xxx

cattttt
10-06-11, 09:06
I have adrenilin surgeas at night that stop me from sleeping, I hate it, it often carries on in the day too. Exercise really helps, it uses up all that energy that gets generated.

Tyke
10-06-11, 16:40
Hi Choccychompa

I used to feel the same about going to the docs. I do think they are much better at dealing with these kind of issues now though. My current GPs are great, the best I've ever had. Like Dahlia says, write it all down if you are scared of being tongue-tied. You could also take someone with you if you thought that would help.

Avoidance doesn't help in the long term. You will feel better once you know whether or not everything is okay and it should help reduce your fear of the doctors for the next time you go. :)

Tyke

choccychompa
11-06-11, 01:11
Thanks everyone. Well I went and it was fine. He was lovely! I did write a list and I went for blood tests today for b12, glucose, full blood count, thyroid, etc and also have to do a 24 hour urine sample. Felt much better once I'd been, but the HA thoughts are creeping back in again, lol. I guess that's always the way :wacko: