PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety really be this

tricia56
09-06-11, 20:08
Can axiety really be this as for a few weeks now when im walking about it feels as if im off balance and feel abit wobblyi dont go dizzy but i feel as if im a little light headed and i have noticed its when im anxiouse i also seem to lean over a little when standing and walking and it feels as if my head is leanning to my right all the time ive been to see gp and he done balance and nerve test and said they were fine and its just my anxiety but i dont know any one else who has these symtoms and i keep thinking maybe my gp has got it wrong and that there issome thing wrong with my brain surely anxiety cant make you be like this has any one else on here have or had these symtoms

nomorepanic
09-06-11, 20:08
I had it like that for over 2 years - drove me mad!

bandsaw
09-06-11, 20:58
i get very pretty much the same as you its not nice, i dont feel like im anxious but the mind plays funny tricks with the body currently feeling a bit jittery at the moment, head feels foggy/ full

happysoon?
09-06-11, 21:25
I get that too, I was convinced there was something seriously wrong, but I noticed it was worse when I was anxious. Sometimes I felt like I was going to fall backwards.

Typer
10-06-11, 01:09
Same here. It comes back now and then....mostly when I am anxious. I often felt as though I was drunk...and I never drink. It is anxiety

Phwoffy
10-06-11, 14:00
I've had this a little bit. Sometimes I'll be walking and everything will shift so it feels like things are moving by too fast. I think anxiety can just do really strange things to us! Hope it feels better soon.

pinkpiglet
10-06-11, 14:32
Honestly! You could have written this thread about me!! I have had it for years (since early twenties) and Im now 36. It coms and goes but I dont think I will ever be rid ofthis symptom

sarahjb
10-06-11, 21:37
Hi Tricia
I also have experienced 'weird' feelings similar to what you describe. I ve had GAD for 12 years or maybe more and at the start I went to my GP who referred me to neurology who tested my motor skills, brain scan mri & cat, had pins stuck in me - every test known to man! (I thought I had Me or Ms) thankfully the tests were clear. when i was diagnosed with GAD I was shocked that something psycological could have such a physical effect on the body !! Due to my awkward walking gait Im left with a sore back and I scuff my left foot while walking. Im still looking for a solution to my anxiety tried CBT, drugs (imipramine & more recently pregabalin) I ve paid for hypnotherapy, aromatherapy, reflexology all of which are relaxing. Hopefully with your gps help you can find a treatment that suits you ! theres no quick fix - but you are not alone. Sarah