PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Bi-Polar out there

martin2011
09-06-11, 22:48
Hi Everyone,

Have been pondering over what i would say and what my title should be and after a few attempts at drafting this introduction I thought i would keep to facts for now. I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar in 2000 and its been a bit of a roller-coaster ride i can tell you, i have managed to keep a very good job in the military until i was medically discharged last September, was quite tough as i have only ever been in the military and after 21 years with a not bad support network i am now in the big bad world.
Anyway thought i would give this a go to meet new people and always have somewhere to turn, hope i meet some great people.
Thanks for reading everyone,
Darren

nomorepanic
09-06-11, 22:50
Hi egeria

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

RafflesGeorgiou
10-06-11, 23:00
Welcome to NMP :) Have fun, don't be afraid to say how you feel. We are one big *anxious* family. I also suffer from Bipolar but not as bad as anxiety, Just a touch. We are all here to help each other so if you would like to talk, feel free to PM me. Enjoy your time on the site. Rafaela xx.

martin2011
16-06-11, 20:59
Hi Rafaela,

Many thanks for the message, nice to hear form you on this wet and windy evening. Hows your day today ?

Darren

RainbowGirl
16-06-11, 21:15
Hi, just sending a warm welcome to NMP x

Spitfyr88
16-06-11, 21:55
Hi, Darren and welcome to NMP.

I was diagnosed bi-polar two years ago after suffering from massive bouts of depression from the age of 6. I was also medically discharged from the forces after only 6 months. (Shoulder dislocation, nothing to do with mental health)

You are by far from alone here :)
I hope this finds you well,
Spitfyr.

darrenleewelsh
23-11-14, 16:18
Hi Darren. Can I ask what your original symptoms were and how you were tested for bipolar and subsequently diagnosed ?

Calley91
28-11-14, 21:45
Hey,
I was diagnosed with bipolar type 2 at the beggining of this year,
I was on my second year of Health & Social degree but had to drop out and was heartbroken.
I also suffer from severe health anxiety,
you are not alone :hugs: