PDA

View Full Version : anxiety help

lees6655
09-06-11, 22:57
Hi iam feeling really anxious about my health iam 34 and have suffered with HA for years in the last six weeks i have been to my doctors about 6 times complaining of first a cough then headaches and now pains in my left lower back and bum also some pain in my abdomen both sides . I have told my doctor about my concerns about my back and thinking i have cancer she said she wasn't worried but she would send me to physio to put my mind at rest.I went to the physio last week and told him about my concerns of cancer and he said my back was fine just a bit stiff and to do some back exercises i have had the back pain now for about 4 weeks. Dont know what to do just trust my doctor because she knows what iam like when i get anxious or go to a different doctor i have been in this position a few times before and i always think this time it could be something serious like i have thought many times before any advice please.

lees6655
09-06-11, 23:53
Anyone

cattttt
10-06-11, 09:03
The symptoms you have are not of any sort of cancer I've ever heard of, but they are of stress. Doctors see people like us all the time, they know what are serious things and what are not, please trust your doctor, this will pass and you will wonder what you were worrying about.

countrygirl
10-06-11, 11:08
This is the curse of health anxiety - everytime we think we will not freak out about a new symptom that little devil on your shoulder says "what if this new symptom is the one that is a sign of something sinister" or whatever is your little devil, the other one I suffer from is - the time I don't panic about a new symptom is the time I should panic!

Remember Drs are trained to look for signs or red flag symptoms of something serious and hard as it is ( I know) we do need to trust them. One Dr said to me it is incredibly hurtful when someone with HA never ever believes our judgement, he said I feel redundant and that I am being used purely as a access to tests the patient wants, he was not my Dr but a friend and it made me realise how I was not trusting my Dr one little bit.

lees6655
10-06-11, 13:30
Thanks for yor replys i hate my HA i wish it would go away