PDA

View Full Version : Scared constantly

westiegirl25
09-06-11, 23:06
Well, where to start, what a horrible few weeks it has been where my life felt like it was in the balance, had a horrible panic attack last week which has put me to point of hell, i thought i was having a heart attack, it was horrible, im sure everyone is aware that this is what it feels like to sum of u. I phoned nhs direct, they told me to calm down, then went to an out of hours gp, he gave me propranolol, they calmed me down a bit, felt like i was getting better, yesterday i spent 6 hours in A n E being sorted out, had an ecg test and blood test because i had a relapse, now im constantly thinking im going to die, or have a heart attack for real, my results from the ecg and blood tests were normal, then i was discharged, can i just ask, if there was sumthing wrong with my heart they wudnt ave sent me home wud they? im 25 yrs old, overweight and have stopped smoking for over a week now without any help can sumone put my mind at rest??? Thanks, by the way im new and kinda stressed out

shoegal
09-06-11, 23:21
They would not have sent you home if there was even the slightest possibility that there was something wrong with your heart. I'm certain your symptoms are caused by anxiety and panic.

westiegirl25
09-06-11, 23:27
Thank you, i just needed reassurance, both my ecg and blood tests were ok

Deepest Blue
10-06-11, 00:33
Hi ya and welcome to the forum :)

I've been through something similar to this in the past and I've had two ecg's in which both times the results were clear. They told me that the ECG would have picked up anything irregular with the heart.

My issues were caused by heartburn, trapped wind and the anxiety just made it a lot worse.

Take care x

times71
10-06-11, 21:37
your heart is fine, its common for panic attack people to fear that. look at the bright side, youve stopped smoking... gz