PDA

View Full Version : what do your palps feel like??

bexy84
10-06-11, 09:47
I only ask because I don't get the fluttering a lot, mine tend to feel like a hard beat or 2 hard beats and then a feeling of anxious nervousness at the same time, almost as though I have had a fright or someone has made me jump but obviosly I am totally relaxed??? Can anyone relate at all??

countrygirl
10-06-11, 11:00
Yes definitely, I get both what you are describing an also the prolonged fluttery feeling which if I actually feel my pulse is a fluttery pulse, both the flutter and the feeling you are describing make me feel light headed and as if I have run or been given a fright like you say.

I find that taking a huge breath in and coughing very hard usually stops both of these if they go on for more than a second or so.

I have had "funny heartbeat" for past 20 years and many many 24hr ecgs.

A few days ago having a sleep study where you are wired up for heart I was laying in the hospital bed and I got the flutters and the bangs etc and had to give a big cough and thought this will have been caught on ecg and next morning the dr said your heart was completely normal during the night, I said I did get what felt like flutters and ectopics at one point and he said this did not mean anything was abnormal as my ecg had been analysed and nothing abnormal had been detected. The hardest thing is to accept that that irregular heartbeats can be classed as not abnormal:shrug: as they certainly feel very abnormal to us poor souls!