PDA

View Full Version : Hug Needed my mums really poorly

Ellie-Bear
10-06-11, 10:34
Had a phone call last night from my sister to say my mum had been rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack. Went straight to the hospital and saw my mum, she looked dreadful, they did lots of tests and luckily they don't think it was a heart attack but possibly angina and also a reaction from all the stress she is under. They let her go home again and she stayed at my house for the night so we could keep an eye on her. Had a very late night and then couldn't get to sleep when I finally went to bed. My anxiety is always worse when I'm tired so I'm really struggling today. I am soooooo worried about her. Fighting back the tears. I'm stuck in work until 3pm but just want to be at home looking after her, so scared I'm going to lose her, she's only 62. My father is unfortunately an alcoholic so doubt he'll be able to look after her.
Just could really do with a hug.

paula lynne
10-06-11, 11:06
Sending you big hugs from Wales and wishing your mum all the best.:bighug1:Paula xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suzy-sue
10-06-11, 11:16
So sorry Ellie .:hugs:Angina can be controlled with drugs so your Mum will be ok once she has recovered and been perscibed them .Hope she feels better soon ,and you manage to get some rest ,being tired always makes things worse .Take care Luv Sue xx:bighug1:

debs71
10-06-11, 16:29
Ellie, I'm so sorry for your situation and I am sending you BIG hugs...

:hugs::bighug1::hugs:

Wishing that your Mum feels better soon.xxxxx

snowgoose
10-06-11, 16:59
sorry to hear this Ellie
you must be exhausted with anxiety and worry ....not too mention no sleep .

hugs to you and your mum and as Suzy has said angina can be controlled with meds and your mum will be monitored carefully now .
such a fright though ...........hugs to you both .........and a peaceful weekend .
:hugs: :hugs:

bottleblond
10-06-11, 17:04
Ellie

Wishing your mum a very speedy recovery and i hope you manage to get some well deserved rest soon.

Lisa
xxx

:hugs::hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
10-06-11, 18:35
sorry to hear about your mom ellie, sending you lots of hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hope you feel better too, hope your mom feels better too., thinking of you and praying for you both.

Rous
10-06-11, 20:59
Ellie,

here a very comforting hug just for you. :hugs:

Even tho I've been quite ill myself for a long time I visited my Mum every day (mainly her idea to get me out the house in fact, using the excuse to get her smokes each day :blush:) and did what I cud for her. :weep:

I know what yer facing Ellie, and my thots are wae ye at this time. :hugs:

I hope that you & your Mum feel better soon. :hugs:

Take care & be safe. :hugs:

JT69
11-06-11, 10:33
Hi Ellie,

Sorry to hear about your mum...hopefully with the right meds she will be back to full strength in no time.

Tiredness makes us all worse...so try and rest yourself so yu keep strong!!

Thinking of you!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Jo.xx

positiveness
11-06-11, 14:03
Hi Ellie,
You must be feeling awful. Anxiety is dreadful to deal with, so debilitating. I hope your mum gets better soon. My thoughts are with you both.

Linda xx:hugs: :hugs:

Ellie-Bear
11-06-11, 22:01
Thank you all for your kind words, very much appreciated. Mum is doing ok, she's back at her house now and dad is managing to stay of the booze as well to look after her!! I've spoken to her a few times today and she says she's ok, quite a lot of chest pain still and very rapid heart beat (know how she feels with that one-lol!) My anxiety has been sky high today and felt on the verge of a panic attack a number of times but managed to stay in control and only needed a quarter of a diazepam tab, had managed 2 days without any but felt like I needed a little extra help! Going to see mum tomorrow, and going to take her a big bunch of flowers.
Thank you all once again, made me feel so much better to hear your kind words. Xxxx

Granny Primark
12-06-11, 05:59
So glad your mum is doing ok.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: for you, your mum and all the family

JT69
12-06-11, 10:44
Thats a relief for you...so pleased.:)

Jo.xx

eeyorelover
12-06-11, 19:40
Ellie,
You are coping SO well! You should be sooooo proud of yourself! Continued prayers for your Mom!
xxx
Sandy