PDA

View Full Version : Bruises on Legs - help

Ambers
10-06-11, 15:09
Hi - Over the past few months I keep getting unexplained brusies on my legs. They are the size of a 10p and usually purplish wit small reddish spots inside and turn yellow after few days. At the moment I have three which came up this morning (I spent yesterday in bed with a bad cold so I didn't do anythng to cause these). I dont get any on my body just my legs.

Help because am worrying that my doctors have missed 'C' after a terrible time recently with illness. I wonder if this is also a sign of lack of certain vitamins?

sophiethestar
10-06-11, 20:30
Vitamin K deficiency can cause bruising. But I doubt it's even that. Seeing as your bruises are not too large, you could have accidently bumped your leg without knowing. Some people get more bruises than others and we are all different. If you've had a recent blood test which came back normal then it completely rules out 'C'. Bruising in 'C' happens if it's in the blood. Things like this can be spotted easily in a blood test. If you haven't had a blood test recently, ask for one, just for reassurance, but I think you'll be okay. Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Ambers
10-06-11, 21:18
Thank you for your reply Sophie. Yes I had blood tests recently. I am also booked in for a fasting blood test next week to check my B12, Iron and diabestes. I am a veggie and I am also underweight. I have been suffering from a yeast infection for the past few weeks which I cannot rid - so I am hoping there is an easy explaination. Thank you again for your reply - it has helped