PDA

View Full Version : hi guys new to the site!! HELP!!

popsi335
10-06-11, 18:43
hey everyone am new to the site and dont really know what im expecting im not a big talker so i thought if i typed it in a message it would be easier. i suffer from genralised anxiety disorder severe depression and agrophobia i dont dont know how this happened or how to stop it and thought maybe i could find some much needed answers on her

popsi335
10-06-11, 19:22
have been waiting for CBT for nearlly 9 months now have also been on meds was started on diazipam citalopram and propranolol i had to come off of the propranalol because of side effects did about 6 months on citalopram but that just seemed to make me worse and as for diazipam well i was left on it for far to long and became addicted to them so have been weaned off of them now, so at the moment im taking venlafaxin pregablin and zopiclone at night for my sleep just seems like there is no end to things i have also picked up a serious drinking problem so things look pretty bleak for me at the moment, i have also been self harming attempted suicide several times and been put in hospital everything just seems to much at the moment i cant see llight at the end of the tunnel.................

popsi335
11-06-11, 16:02
havent got a date for the start of my CBT as of yet but surely it cant be much longer now ??!?!?! as for the alcohol yes i am using it as a coping mechanism at the moment but i am gettting help with the alcohol issue as i have refered myself to the alcohol services. the new meds are helping a bit especially the pregablin it is much better than the citalopram. i havent quiet lost all help just yet but i can feel it slipping away. thanks for listening and taking the time to reply to me its good to know there is someone out there listening to what im saying who has been through the same sort of thing as me.

tee123
11-06-11, 16:22
Hi popsi,
we are here and listening believe me. I've been in and out of mental hospital. On cocktails of drugs which should knock a bloody elephant out. And all through this I've been a drinker. Self medication for me. I told and told the docs that if I felt better about myself I wouldn't need to drink so much to make myself feel better about myself. Do you get that? They recently started me on mertazipine which is helping me keep a lid on things a bit. But I had a bad time on citalopram and a worse time trying to come off it. Keep posting and try to keep going. It takes time to juggle meds and CBT helps a lot. There is light at end of tunnel. Thinking of you. Trace x

Ps. check out thread title 'daily diary of anyone and every one.' xx