PDA

View Full Version : dreading this weekend how can i keep calm?

Kate21
10-06-11, 18:48
So I work in a bar in the centre of manchester and take that have been playing a ridiculous amount of gigs here and the fans get the bus from outside where I work. So the world and his many wives have been in last weekend, most of this week and it's all happening again this weekend. last weekend I freaked out and had to go home.
Today was pretty nervewracking as it was busy and my GP increased my sertraline dose yesterday to 100mg so i was feeling quite sketchy and strange.
I'm so worried about tommorow and sunday I don't think I can do it I feel like everyones watching me all the time. :-( what should I do?

Nicky32
10-06-11, 19:42
WOW I'd love to be able to do bar work with this condition. How do you manage at all? you're my hero :-)

Kate21
10-06-11, 20:28
haha! thanks, I do it with great difficulty, luckily I have good managers that let me do all the morning shifts so i'm not working busy friday/sataday nights.
Weekends are a nightmare even on the day shift and when theres big events on it's panic paradise! I'm considering taking one of my friends valium just to keep calm, but I don't know if i'm going to be able to work on it :/

Tyke
11-06-11, 01:49
Try and stick it out if you can Kate. I have found Sertraline to be a good med, but it takes a bit to start working properly sometimes. Your increase in dose should help you feel better once your body adjusts. You maybe want to think carefully about this job in the longer term if it is the main cause of your anxiety.

Tyke

Anxious_gal
11-06-11, 02:47
If it helps no one is watching you, every ones too drunk and stuff to be watching the barmaid unless she's dancing on the bar :blush:
I know myself that noise plus crowds plus stuffy/heat makes me sooo much worse,
taking deep breaths , telling your self is ok and focusing outside of how your feeling, like watch people, think happy thoughts, just try and ignore the negative thoughts in your head.
assume your going to be somewat anxious, all you can do is your best, and if you need to go home sure it's not the end of the world (I hope)
Anxiety is hard, it almost takes control over you and it can be so so hard to calm down :(

Kate21
11-06-11, 18:15
thanks guys, I just got home. it was very stressful but i didn't freak out wich is good. Just tommorow to get through and then thats all the gig dates finished thank god! still feeling a bit funny from the increased meds dose I just hope i notice a difference soon