PDA

View Full Version : Which head have i got on today??

Ian Brown
10-06-11, 19:06
Hello everyone. The title says its all, that's how i feel because i never know what i'm going to get! I'm a 34 year old mum of one, I have a 4 year old son and am living with my boyfriend. At the moment i am suffering, yet again from extreme anxiety moderate depression (thanfully not feeling that low constantly) but it has been severe on quite a number of occasions. Once again i am bursting into tears on a number of occasions daily, thankfully at least in between I have spurts of feeling absolutely fine and normal, happy even - which makes me feel like a am losing the plot - but its preferable to having those outbursts and feeling severely down constantly in between,. I am so embarrased that i cannot control my emotions I am starting to self-loathe more and more and just want to hide away. I am so sick of being here, I am burnt out at the minute I just fight not to throw the towel in. I have to fake it , put a brave face on for my son and everyone else I cant stop my head talking to me i just want some peace it's so tiring. I have been increasingly paranoid lately and volatile, snapping at people, acting irrationally. I have been depressed and highly anxious certainly since 16,but even as a child i recall those feelings and have pinpointed the cause as low self esteem due to a number of bad experiences. I had bullimia for a number of years,(now i just have phases of being in control eating really well, or comfort eating and bingeing. I have OCD, but have had CBT a couple of times in the past and felt it really helped and felt normal for a while, happy. I couldnt believe i could feel like that, but thinking i was fixed stopped practising CBT and didnt realise I was slipping back to my old negative ways. My partner is helpful and supportive, but gets frustrated with me -he tries but cant understand he is just not wired the same way. I cried for around 8 hours last week after something upset me, I felt like i was having a breakdown again - I ave felt so down since and so alone. Somebody mentioned this site to me, and a lot of what i have been reading in the forum sounds so familiar, i'm glad i had a look and hope to get some help through these tough times from people who understand. i hope i can be of assistance to others too. Bye for now X

diane07
10-06-11, 19:07
Hi Ian Brown

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.