PDA

View Full Version : greetings

silentcalligraph
31-03-04, 23:08
well here's another newbie. I have a long history of panic attacks and depression. Sometimes they were almost gone and then they returned with a vengeance. Last year was hell, but I've been there before and I know it's a place you can leave behind. So here I am.

sarah
31-03-04, 23:36
Hiya

Glad to have you on board.
Theres loads of great info on here thats helped me immensely so I hope it helps you too.
Have a good look around and feel free to post any questions/problems you may have.

love Sarah
xx

razocaine_07
01-04-04, 00:52
yeah, there are people who will have been in that place called hell aswell. Hello from me and i hope you get good use outta the forum

MIKE

Panikki
01-04-04, 08:27
Hi,
Welcome to the group!
You said you have a history of panic, how did you manage to conquer this before? Or was it just a matter of coping alongside it? Meds? Sorry about all the questions, for many of us that have had panics for many years it becomes a way of life and it's a matter of finding what helps us to cope with these panics rather than find a cure! I have just come off anti-depressants (which i been taking for 4yrs) Panic attacks are back ..full blown...i'd forgotten how bad they are!!Anyway i'm interested in how other long term sufferers cope...so any useful tips would be appreciated! Look forward to your reply ..Jodie xx

J Baker

silentcalligraph
01-04-04, 10:16
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I had a look around already and found many useful tips. And it's always good to see you're not alone - of course you know that on an abstract level but that's just not the same. As for my history of panic and my coping skills. With the exception of a short period about 10 years ago I've refused to take medicamentation. Not sure that was always a wise move as it was not inspired by an iron will but the simple fact that I tend to panic at the sheer thought of taking anything. But I've been to therapy regularly and developed some coping skills. Anyhow - my response to last year's serious relapse is meditation and qigong. It's time-consuming and not a miraculous-cure but I feel some positive effects. I've given up hope to ever get rid of my 'issues' - the pressure to get 'patched' became unbearable and I think my relapse was caused by mounting expectations by me and my surroundings in that respect. I think I've always thought that my life would really start once I had the panic-attacks and the depression under control. Well, I've changed my mind. So I'm trying to find a way to enjoy life, to be there for others as good as I can and to make the best of all it despite the panicking and the black holes (as I call my depressions). I hope that does not sound defeatist because I don't feel that way at all. And it also does not mean there's not way out of it - everybody's different and life's full of surprises.

kizzy
01-04-04, 11:37
Hello, & welcome, I am new to site too but have suffered many
years with panic. Its good to try to get on with things now rather
than wait till you are better,I have always tried to keep going
on as normal as possible. Good luck
kiz

paul009
01-04-04, 12:51
well helloooooooo there and a very warm welcome
hope you have many happy hour looking at the sight and i hope all your attacks are tiny ones till one day they are just a memory

remember a chuckle a day keeps the panic away

the norfolk nutter[:o)]

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

Brownie
02-04-04, 21:39
Hey Silent,

Welcome to the site, I as well as you have suffered from panic anxiety and loads of depression since I was very young. The panic and anxiety went away for a very long time but the depression has always been on and off. Well this year all the panic and anxiety came back with as you said a vengeance. This site has helped me so much and I am sure will help you too. You'll get all the help and advice here you need and lots of support. Hope to see you around the site!

-Christie[:I]

me
03-04-04, 13:48
hello silent welcome to this wonderful site you will meet lots of wonderful helpful people who know what you have been through and going through ...does that make sense hope it does take care from mary

nomorepanic
04-04-04, 19:43
Hi Silent

Welcome to the site and sorry for the delayed reply but I have been working on some stuff for the website.

I hope you get all the help you can here.

Nicola